Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
sorethumb

Auto Scroll Carousel Block Squarespace 7.1

Question

I'm wondering how to make a auto-scrolling carousel block on Squarespace 7.1 templates. I'm trying to make an auto-scrolling testimonials section.

19 answers to this question

You can do it by creating images for your testimonials and then use a gallery block, slideshow: simple, turn on autoplay. Hopefully this feature will be added back in, there is also a paid plugin for it, but I have not tried it.

I checked with SS help on this recently and they said that a slide show gallery will not autoplay. Someone in the forum gave me this code, which I placed in the Advanced area of the settings for the page. Seems to be working fine.  

Now, if I could find someone who can help me add code for a carousel that will insert padding between images...

<script>
   Y.on('domready', function () {
       var galleries = Y.Squarespace.GalleryManager.getGalleries();
       for( i = 0; i<galleries.length; i++){
           galleries[i].setAttrs({"autoplay":true})
       }
   });
</script>

scipioni_central -

I used your code and it worked! yay!  Can you tell me how to slow the speed down? Thanks so much!

Great that you have code for this. There is also slideshow gallery with Autoplay and you can adjust the speed from 1-10. It's the gallery type Simple Slideshow, and scroll down to edit the Autoplay and Slide Duration settings. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 7.29.29 PM.png

RIght, I was actually trying to create an autoscrolling carousel from a gallery, but when I do that, the images are flush up against one another, and I can't find anyone who knows how to add padding to the images in the carousel... along with the autoscroll. 

Any suggestions?

Hi! Maybe someone can tell you.

How to increase "Slide Duration" at the slideshow block? More than standart 10s..

Thanks!

I checked with SS help on this recently and they said that a slide show gallery will not autoplay. Someone in the forum gave me this code, which I placed in the Advanced area of the settings for the page. Seems to be working fine.

You can do it by creating images for your testimonials and then use a gallery block, slideshow: simple, turn on auto play. Hopefully this feature will be added back in, there is also a paid plugin for it, but I have not tried it.

Hi all, I'm struggling with this too. I did the gallery view bit, but the text is below the image, vs as a centered an overlay. Any workarounds that you know of?

8 hours ago, heller said:

Hi all, I'm struggling with this too. I did the gallery view bit, but the text is below the image, vs as a centered an overlay. Any workarounds that you know of?

and you want?

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

i'm trying to get the text to overlay on the center of an image, vs. below. like a testimonial slider - does that make sense? something like this:

testi.png

Posted (edited)

Further to the above... Using 7.1 Template (on trial site in setup)-  I need this for my Home Page (Landing Page) for a logo gallery at the bottom of the page - that automatically scrolls. However nothing happened when I posted the above code into the Page - Advanced - code injection.

Is this because "Page Header Code Injection adds code to the <head> tag of that page. It won't display on Index landing pages." ?? So no way to put on Home Landing Page? see SS ref: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205815908

This is what I am wanting a smooth small scrolling logo section at bottom of home page:
https://unita.com.au/

(I found this from this post however it's not smooth scrolling: https://www.will-myers.com/scrolling-logo-in-squarespace)

Edited by Becs
add like this site:

For anyone still looking, I found a workaround for autoplaying a Summary Carousel Block. It autoclicks the next button every three seconds. 

Inject this is Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Header

<!-- jQuery Library -->
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

and this in Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Footer

<!-- Summary Block Autoplay -->
<script>
      setInterval(click, 3000);
      function click()
      {
        $(".summary-carousel-pager-next").click();
      }
</script>

I will probably add this to my blog!!