Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
sorethumb

Auto Scroll Carousel Block Squarespace 7.1

Question

I'm wondering how to make a auto-scrolling carousel block on Squarespace 7.1 templates. I'm trying to make an auto-scrolling testimonials section.

12 answers to this question

You can do it by creating images for your testimonials and then use a gallery block, slideshow: simple, turn on autoplay. Hopefully this feature will be added back in, there is also a paid plugin for it, but I have not tried it.

I checked with SS help on this recently and they said that a slide show gallery will not autoplay. Someone in the forum gave me this code, which I placed in the Advanced area of the settings for the page. Seems to be working fine.  

Now, if I could find someone who can help me add code for a carousel that will insert padding between images...

<script>
   Y.on('domready', function () {
       var galleries = Y.Squarespace.GalleryManager.getGalleries();
       for( i = 0; i<galleries.length; i++){
           galleries[i].setAttrs({"autoplay":true})
       }
   });
</script>

scipioni_central -

I used your code and it worked! yay!  Can you tell me how to slow the speed down? Thanks so much!

Great that you have code for this. There is also slideshow gallery with Autoplay and you can adjust the speed from 1-10. It's the gallery type Simple Slideshow, and scroll down to edit the Autoplay and Slide Duration settings. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 7.29.29 PM.png

RIght, I was actually trying to create an autoscrolling carousel from a gallery, but when I do that, the images are flush up against one another, and I can't find anyone who knows how to add padding to the images in the carousel... along with the autoscroll. 

Any suggestions?

Hi! Maybe someone can tell you.

How to increase "Slide Duration" at the slideshow block? More than standart 10s..

Thanks!

I checked with SS help on this recently and they said that a slide show gallery will not autoplay. Someone in the forum gave me this code, which I placed in the Advanced area of the settings for the page. Seems to be working fine.