Bergen - Header Carousel

Site URL: http://badger-indigo-86z4.squarespace.com

Hello, I would like to add a sliding banner at the top of my homepage.

I'd like to have the same image background, and have the text automatically change over the top - ideally a button as well.
(I have set this up as a flat banner with how I want it to look)

The theme I'm using is Bergen. I have added a gallery block but can't work out if theres a way to add the copy and format it.

It would be great to get this sorted as I can use the same functionality for my testimonials - seems like it should be standard functionality... unless i'm missing something!

Thank you!

• Replies 6
  • Views 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, edmhawkins said:

Hi @tuanphan - do you think you would be able to help with this? Thank you!

Sorry, missing notification

The easiest way is create a section "Header" under Slide, then I can give CSS to hide original header.

W2 is add this code to Homepage Settings > Advanced > Header

<style>
  @media screen and (min-width:992px) {
  [data-section-id="5e809c615dad3f3c152e3f49"] {
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    right: 0;
    z-index: 999;
    padding-top: 0 !important;
}
  /* 370px is slide height */
header#header {
    top: 370px;
    position: absolute !important;
}
  }
</style>

W3 is use JavaScript to invert the header - slider position, it's outside the free support range. ✌️

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

@tuanphan I tried out the code and i think I haven't explained myself correctly - sorry. I have a scrolling gallery block that i want to become my homepage banner. How can I add live text, and if possible, a button, on top of the scrolling slides? Different copy per slide - I want it to look like the static banner that you see on the homepage. Thanks! 

15 hours ago, edmhawkins said:

@tuanphan I tried out the code and i think I haven't explained myself correctly - sorry. I have a scrolling gallery block that i want to become my homepage banner. How can I add live text, and if possible, a button, on top of the scrolling slides? Different copy per slide - I want it to look like the static banner that you see on the homepage. Thanks! 

SS 7.1 doesn't support text on Gallery. You can follow this guide to add text. https://forum.squarespace.com/topic/151777-gallery-caption-workarounds-for-71-round-two/

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived