Moving blogs posts between 2 sites on my account

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.rickiejosen.com/

Hello I have 2 sites, I want to move all the blog posts from one to the other. From Squarespace to Squarespace - on the same account.

Surely as it's all on the same account I should be able to 'select all' and move? It doesn't work. They disappear, don't turn up anywhere. Any ideas appreciated.

Moving from rickiejosen.com to rickiejosen.co.uk

Screenshot (167).png

Edited by rickiejosen
make clearer

The best way to do it is the old fashioned copy and paste move. The two sites do not see each other even though they are in the same account, with same ownership. That is as it should be actually. 

there are a couple tricks folks have tried, with mixed results:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38091859/squarespace-transfer-one-page-to-another-website

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • Solution
On 3/27/2020 at 10:08 PM, rickiejosen said:

I want to move all the blog posts from one to the other. From Squarespace to Squarespace

There isn't a built in solution that can do this, but it should be easy to do with the right tools, because you're moving from a 7.0 Dovetail site to a 7.0 Brine site and neither are using Developer Mode.

You can buy a third party plugin for the Chrome browser (Squarespace Websites Tools Extension) that will do this for you effortlessly, or you could hire someone to do it for you.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you - I've heard about this, wasn't sure how much I could trust it to work but I will maybe give it go.

The weird thing is I've managed to move some of the posts (as shown on the screen shot) but others have disappeared - no longer on the old site but not appeared on the new one? Any ideas on this at all? 

Edited by rickiejosen
added info
2 hours ago, derricksrandomviews said:

The best way to do it is the old fashioned copy and paste move. The two sites do not see each other even though they are in the same account, with same ownership. That is as it should be actually. 

there are a couple tricks folks have tried, with mixed results:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38091859/squarespace-transfer-one-page-to-another-website

Thank you. It's not important enough to copy an paste hundreds of posts but it is important enough to salvage in some way! When I try to export it - it tries to do the whole site (which is huge) rather than just the one blog

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mastro2k said:

Which plugin from the site did you use? None of them say for copying blogs over to another SS site.

I bought this back in April 2020, and there were only two options - a one-time use and a multi-time use. They were both designed to move a blog from one SS site to another. I don't know what they're offering now. Sorry I can't be more help.

• 4 months later...

Also raving about Squarespace Websites Tools Extensions. Just moved 318 blog posts from one 7.0 website to another (You can also move from 7.0 to 7.1.). This took a few minutes to set up, and the transfer completed in about 15 minutes, saving me weeks of work. I've had two websites for a while, and have been wanting to merge them, but dreading the time commitment involved. No more. It's done! .

This tool currently (as of Jan 2022) operates on a subscription model, of which there are two levels. I signed up for a 5 day free trial, but they offer a few other interesting plugins, so it may be worth it to continue with paid subscription. Watch their intro video, install the plugin, and you'll be good to go. There's also a slack channel for support.