New Products Page

Site URL: https://www.wolfhallantiques.com

I have been trying to figure this out with no avail for weeks. My clients wants a Recent Acquisitions page on the site that just automatically displays the latest 50 items we've uploaded to inventory. Squarespace makes this nearly impossible. I have tried using Summary Blocks with tags, but they do not push new tags to the top, meaning that the same 9 items are always displayed (unless you untag them, which my client will never do). I would make another product page, but I don't want to have duplicates of items on the site (products are already organized into categories, and, to my knowledge, cannot be added to multiple shops without duplicating). Any ideas?

• Replies 3
  • Views 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you can still use a gallery/new products summary. Every time you load  new acquisitions to one un-linked gallery/products page, give each image a date as a category, then add a new summary block to the top of a  page of summary blocks,  with that date as the filter, new images go to the top of the page. Next time you load, add a new date to that group go back to the same page add a new summary block to the top of the page with the new date as the filter, so they go to the top of the page. You can have as many summary blocks on a page as you want 30 entries per block. If you have more than 30 new ones to add and you want to keep them all at the top, just put the date-1 for the first 30 and date-2 for the next. Make two new blocks. You can hide the category so it is not under the image if you wish. Any questions? 

But is there anyway to not have to make duplicates of products in order for them to appear in the summary block and on the product page? I would prefer them to not have to be both in the "Category" product page and another Unlinked gallery, since then they will show up twice when searching the site.

This should do the trick, put it in custom CSS

.summary-title > a { pointer-events: none; cursor: default;}

disables the link from the summary to the products page so no viewer can get there from the summary page. With the products page in the unlinked section, they won't find it unless they have the direct url slug like going from a blog summary to the blog post. With the link severed it will stay hidden. I don't know, but I wonder if the products page were disabled if the summary will still pull the content. Even if that were true you should still use the CSS code. 

Archived