urgent "click to email" local official?

Hi,

Does anyone know how add a form for visitors to add their email and physical address and "Click to Send" a message is sent to a local official?

"Dear Public Works, I support the parks proposal and ask that you extend the deadline for collecting signatures for 30 days due to the COVID-19 order. - [Visitor, Address]"

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Views 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the visitor has correctly configured their email, you can do it without a form. Just add a link (here's an example you can add to a Markdown or Code Block) that will automatically launch their email app and then precomplete the email address, subject and body. You just need to modify the email address to send it to. For example:

<a href="mailto:test@example.com?subject=I support the parks proposal!&body=Dear Public Works, I support the parks proposal and ask that you extend the deadline for collecting signatures for 30 days due to the COVID-19 order">Click to send a message to your local official</a>

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks paul2009 and derrickrandomviews for these responses. The Form option looks especially nice because it sends directly from squarespace, but is there a way to cc our email so we can track who has responded? The "Storage" field looks like there's only room for one email address.

Annotation 2020-03-26 112419.png

You can connect to google drive thru the form setup and Squarespace creates a spread sheet there to record the submission  responses. Just create a name for the sheet  then connect to any google account you have or create one just to track this email.  The spread sheet captures all email addresses date, time,subject and message and such, works like a charm. Creates a second one to track any changes you made to the form. This keeps you from getting email copies and having to sort the responses yourself. Pretty cool if you ask me. 

Archived