• Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 10:41 AM, sme06 said:

Site URL: http://shannonewing.com

Does anyone know how to change the default color theme in 7.1? Somehow the default went from White Minimal to Black Minimal and it's affecting the way pages are loading.

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 8.34.22 PM.png

When they first rolled out 7.1, (default) was written next to the theme and you could double click on another theme to change that one to default. It seems like they have taken this function away now 😞 I'm contacting customer support now but just wondering if you found a solution? 

4 hours ago, killeraesthetic said:

When they first rolled out 7.1, (default) was written next to the theme and you could double click on another theme to change that one to default. It seems like they have taken this function away now 😞 I'm contacting customer support now but just wondering if you found a solution? 

It appears they removed this feature when they rolled out the last update to the color theme. I'm in the same bind with White Minimal being my only option on pages without banners.

Creating websites using Squarespace at Design by Donuts 🍩

On 5/28/2020 at 6:45 PM, ChrisBartow said:

It appears they removed this feature when they rolled out the last update to the color theme. I'm in the same bind with White Minimal being my only option on pages without banners.

I did reach out to Squarespace support, I'll post if there is a solution or at least a work around. 

On 5/30/2020 at 5:31 AM, killeraesthetic said:

I did reach out to Squarespace support, I'll post if there is a solution or at least a work around. 

The solution I was told was to not use transparent headers. I suppose as long as you use a text based logo you would be fine as well since it will switch to be friendly no matter if it's a light/dark background in the header.

I find it strange that this feature is supported so poorly when it appears on almost every demo site. I just re-design an entire site in a less pleasing esthetic to fix this. 🥺

Creating websites using Squarespace at Design by Donuts 🍩

• 4 weeks later...

Archived