Xero Integration

Hey did anyone else get word that Squarespace was straight up shutting down their Xero integration and turning it off? My accountant just notified me today that it's gone. It was there last week. Support is telling me they emailed everyone on December 11th and February 5th, but the Feb 5th email is stuff about Scheduling and I see no direct email on December 11th.

I've got notifications about Winona Ryder for some reason, but nothing telling me business critical functionality is being discontinued.

Is anyone else dealing with this? Am I just alone here?

James

Hey guys, James Moore with Ideal Calibrations here. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

• Replies 4
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No!  I just discovered this today when I went in to Xero to do my reconciling.  Saw that I had no new transactions and then went over to Squarespace to see they no longer have the option.

But they do let you know there is now a paid way to get the same thing done... with Open Saas.

I am beyond livid.  It's absolutely absurd they would just take the functionality away.

They claimed to me that an email was sent out but I never received it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just realizing this as well. Squarespace takes no responsibility. They claim nothing should have changed with our Xero integration yet it has. Then they say it's a third party extension so support is outside their scope. It's completely f*cked up and shoddy service. No announcement? Come on.

• 1 year later...

Heya lovely folks, Michaela from Integromat here 👋  Hope everyone's having a splendid holiday season!

Since you guys are saying there's no way of natively integrating Squarespace with Xero, you might wanna consider going about doing this with a third-party tool. That's why I thought I'd jump in with a quick recommendation, because Integromat sure can help here. 

A tiny bit of context: Integromat is a platform that lets you connect Squarespace to pretty much any other online app and automate all kinds of tasks and processes. 

You're the one who knows your needs the best, of course 🙂  You can therefore check out the features of the pre-made integrations on Integromat and see how you could utilize them to build automations that suit you the best.

➡️Squarespace

➡️Xero

To give you an example of what such an automation can look like, I'm gonna share a pre-made template that gets orders from your Squarespace store and automatically creates matching invoices and new contacts in Xero.

2122296467_Screenshot2021-12-28at8_27_43.thumb.png.36be2f7c259a71445240bd04894ee51d.png

If you're liking what you're seeing, you can simply sign up for a free Integromat account and start exploring the magic of workflow automation for yourself 🪄 🤖

Edited by Michaela_Staffova