Evening out or blending images on homepage

Site URL: https://www.ecosong.band/

Hello. I am using the Flatiron design template. My Homepages is populated with a gallery of images that each go to a different page or link to YouTube videos. I have uploaded each pages image through Pages > Page Settings > Media. That automatically populates the home page with the images, that work as page or video portals. My problem is that the bottom edge of the image gallery looks amateurish, because the photos are different sizes. Whereas the top is a clean line, the bottom of the gallery is "blocky." I don't want to go through a crop each images so that it is the same size, which could possibly solve the problem. Plus, depending on what browser and computer someone views the page on, they might still not even out correctly. Is there a way to either even it out automatically or else use some sort of blending technique to have the bottoms all trail off into a background image?

• Replies 1
  • Views 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what to tell you. That is what Flatiron does, it creates a mosaic. If you wanted to easily have a  grid,with same sized images,  then Wexley, Carson and maybe Avenue are better choices. That is one of the things about 7.0 template families. If you don't think you will like the way the template demo site looks, because that is the way your site will look by default then it is best to look at another template that is more what you want. You may not want to crop the images, but that is most likely your best bet, that is based on my limited knowledge of the template. Maybe this will help more than I can:

https://www.usingmyhead.com/squarespace/flatiron-squarespace-template-analysis

Archived