• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Reduce Footer Padding

RoxyL

Question

Site URL: https://willowandwhitestudio.com/home

I am trying to reduce the padding of my footer using Squarespace 7.1. I have tried various CSS but can't seem to get it working.

I'd like the bottom section below the Instagram section to be about half the height that it currently is.

Can anyone please help?

password for the page is: workinprogress

I have tried using the following CSS and playing around with padding - it seems to work initially, but then once saved, it goes back to the original height.

footer#footer-sections {
  padding-top:-100px;
}

I also currently have the following code to make my instagram feed full width:

//*Full width IG footer*//

#footer-sections section:first-of-type {

min-height: auto;

}

#footer-sections section:first-of-type .content-wrapper {

padding: 0!important;

max-width: 100%;

}

#footer-sections section:first-of-type .instagram-block {

padding-bottom: 0!important;

padding-top: 0!important;

}

Not sure if the code is interfering somehow? I'm still learning CSS!

Thank you!

Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 22.28.29.png

Edited by RoxyL
added info
  • Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Try adjusting Section Height first. If it doesnt work, add this code to Home > Design > Custom CSS [data-section-id="5e6e48b1a53943154aaf8783"] .content-wrapper { padding-bottom: 0

Posted Images

18 answers to this question

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1584969760368_21035+.row .spacer-block {
    padding-bottom: 0;
    padding-top: 0;
}

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

Thank you so much! How did you find the right selector to use? I use Google Chrome's Block Identifier but couldn't find that block ID.

2 minutes ago, RoxyL said:

Thank you so much! How did you find the right selector to use? I use Google Chrome's Block Identifier but couldn't find that block ID.

That block has no ID, you will need to know about the code to use the ID of another block, for the current block...

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

Thanks. How would I go about reducing the spacing between these two sections on the home page so that there is less white space?

Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 11.28.15.png

3 minutes ago, RoxyL said:

Thanks. How would I go about reducing the spacing between these two sections on the home page so that there is less white space?

Try adjusting Section Height first.

If it doesnt work, add this code to Home > Design > Custom CSS

[data-section-id="5e6e48b1a53943154aaf8783"] .content-wrapper {
    padding-bottom: 0 !important;
}
[data-section-id="5e6e4eb88afded74f541fbe2"] .content-wrapper {
    padding-top: 0 !important;
}

1 hour ago, sophieoc said:

Hi!

Would you please help with reducing the footer on this site, it's 7.0

Can you share link to your site? We can check easier.

@tuanphan

I have tried using your code above with the block ID for my site to remove the white space above the Insta feed but it doesn't seem to be working. I am currently using div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1590766319551_24557 {
}

This removes bottom spacing but not top.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

A

Untitled design (1).jpg

On 6/19/2020 at 7:00 PM, AvrilAnderson said:

@tuanphan

I have tried using your code above with the block ID for my site to remove the white space above the Insta feed but it doesn't seem to be working. I am currently using div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1590766319551_24557 {
}

This removes bottom spacing but not top.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Each case needs different code. Can you share link to your site? I can check easier.

2 hours ago, StudioRhodes said:

@tuanphan Hello I would also like the padding in my footer to be much smaller. Can you please provide me with the block ID?

Link: studiorhodes.net

Password: services

footer.sections {
section {
    min-height: unset !important;
}
section .content-wrapper {
}
}

Hello, I tried to reduce my footer by using this code but it caused blank space to appear as if there is not enough page for the website.  Any suggestions on how to reduce the footer but remove the blank space as well?  

My site URL is https://re-shft-sample-site.squarespace.com

Password: view

485374563_ScreenShot2020-09-02at11_11_53AM.thumb.png.9e6060f56223119df109b26d4b37d77e.png

footer.sections {
section {
}
}
}
Edited by re-shftstudios
On 9/2/2020 at 10:14 PM, re-shftstudios said:

Hello, I tried to reduce my footer by using this code but it caused blank space to appear as if there is not enough page for the website.  Any suggestions on how to reduce the footer but remove the blank space as well?  

My site URL is https://re-shft-sample-site.squarespace.com

Password: view

footer.sctions {
section {
}
}
}

Do you still need help on this? If yes, can you take screenshot the padding? WE can check easier.

On 9/23/2020 at 1:41 AM, LayneD said:

I am running into  similar problem with my site. The footer section is way too large and I have no idea how to reduce it. comiccubes.com I’m using the Bedford template.

div#footerBlocks {
    margin-top: 0 !important;
}
.footer-inner {
    padding: 10px !important;
}

On 9/23/2020 at 6:37 PM, tuanphan said:

div#footerBlocks {
    margin-top: 0 !important;
}
.footer-inner {
    padding: 10px !important;
}

That worked perfectly. Thank you!