Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
SZMatheson

Import: "Missing column Add PRODUCT ID column" When the column is there

So I got the importing worked out and I want to add a ton more products to a store.

I exported a CSV, added another product as a test, and imported the new CSV and got the following error:

"Missing column
Add PRODUCT ID column"

So I go to check the CSV and it's right there as the first column. I'm baffled by this one. How can I solve this? I have a ton more to add to my store.

I just tried using Google Sheets (I was previously using Numbers on my mac) .  I made the changes in google sheets, then exported it as a csv file.  I then imported this csv to my website and I did not get the error message any more and all the changes I made were there.  Hope this helps.  

I got that error while using Numbers on my Mac but when I opened it in Excel and then copied and pasted the exact same data from Numbers, it suddenly worked. Hope this helps. 

I was having this issue too. I was saving the file, which makes a .numbers file. I fixed by choosing Export rather than Save, and making it a CSV file.

Hey @alexamargs

From what you are describing it seems the issue might be related with the the .csv file formatting. Most likely that's the reason why double-checking the .csv file was the suggestion. If you keep experiencing issues with importing your products even after you have ensured that the file meets the required formatting rules, continuing the conversation with Customer Support would be the best approach to get further assistance. 

I am having the same problem! 

@srodrigues - I believe we are all using the .csv file from the help area - and editing it as instructed. For some reason, it still says the column is missing. Are we supposed to Edit the Product ID Column in some way?

Edited by raeroshow