Bancontact availability

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: http://www.slagerijbonne.be

Hi there,

I'm having the issue that I have connected to stripe for payment acceptance. Stripe accepts bancontact, but squarespace doesn't support bancontact. That's quite annoying as I did a whole website setup (over 120 products) and now I'm having this totally unexpected issue. Can this be added to the accepted payment methods?

Kind regards,

Arno Bonne

• Solution
1 hour ago, arnobonne said:

squarespace doesn't support bancontact

Squarespace don't support the full range of payment options that Stripe do and unfortunately you cannot change this, even with code.

1 hour ago, arnobonne said:

Can this be added to the accepted payment methods?

This forum is not monitored for product feature requests. To raise a feature request, open a ticket through Customer Support.

If you need Bancontact, alternative commerce options include Shopify (instead of Squarespace) or Shopify buttons on Squarespace.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/6/2021 at 3:05 PM, Gatien said:

I have been asking for the Bancontact option for 6 months.

I've been advocating for better integration with european payment methods for several years (here's a post I wrote 3 years ago!) but this isn't something Squarespace has been able to prioritise.

As I mentioned above, if you need Bancontact in the near future, you'll be better considering an alternative solution, such as Shopify (instead of Squarespace) or Shopify buttons on Squarespace.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...

Site URL: https://hexahedron-round-mk2r.squarespace.com/config/

Hi,

I have an existing stripe account where there are several payment methods activated, such as visa, credit card, bancontact, ideal...
When I activate this stripe account through the shop, it only shows the payment method: visa, credit card.
Is there a possibility to use a plug-in to show the other payment methods (bancontact, ideal)?

Grtz

4 hours ago, CaDeBr said:

Is there a possibility to use a plug-in to show the other payment methods (bancontact, ideal)?

Apart from PayPal, Squarespace only supports Stripe for bank card payments, Apple Pay and AfterPay/ClearPay. You cannot take other types of payment via Stripe using the Squarespace checkout. This cannot be changed using third party plugins or code.

• 1 year later...