I have a site that's built with 7.1 and really would like to disable the individual event pages. My site has a lot of events, but each event isn't inputted with many details so those event item pages are pretty much useless and a way for readers to get lost...

Does anyone know of any custom code to accomplish this? Disabling event item pages is the goal, but even just some code to remove the links from the event titles would be awesome.

Many thanks!

Edited by Katherine-Akemi
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Tuan,

I'd like to resolve the same thing. The individual events pages are redundant for my site's needs.

I have a summary block  (carousel) on home page showing three upcoming events. When you click on an image or title it goes to an individual event page with pagination option to go back to all events which then takes you to events list. I would like the clickthrough from image to be straight to this list page and cut out the individual pages.

Can you please tell me how to do this? The site is in trial mode (7.1) but I can send details if needed.

Thanks very much

Catherine

On 10/21/2021 at 1:09 PM, IndInk said:

Hi Tuan,

I'd like to resolve the same thing. The individual events pages are redundant for my site's needs.

I have a summary block  (carousel) on home page showing three upcoming events. When you click on an image or title it goes to an individual event page with pagination option to go back to all events which then takes you to events list. I would like the clickthrough from image to be straight to this list page and cut out the individual pages.

Can you please tell me how to do this? The site is in trial mode (7.1) but I can send details if needed.

Thanks very much

Catherine

Can you share link? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 10 months later...
On 8/25/2022 at 7:59 PM, OperaLeslie said:

Does anyone know the code to prevent the featured images on the event list page from pointing to the event detail page?  Tuan's code prevents the title from pointing to the detail page, but I would like to prevent the images from doing that as well.

Can you share link to an event list page? We can check easier

Or send to forum message

• 1 year later...

I also would like to disable the event clickthrough, however I would like to have events that link to a different URL.

I found a workaround to make links in the event settings excerpt to be styled as a button, so I can link to an external URL. However, when I use the code provided above to disable event title links, it also disables links in the excerpt.

Is there a way to disable the event title and image clickthrough (or enter a custom URL for them to click through to) and still allow the excerpt to include clickable external links?

Here is a link to my site. It's messy. I'm still in process of switching to 7.1 and moved over before we were really ready. https://www.drustvovec.si/tabori-in-aktivnosti

Here is the code I have in Custom CSS:

/* Hide 'View Event' button */
a.eventlist-button.sqs-editable-button.sqs-button-element--primary {
  display: none;
}

/* Style event links to button */ 
.sqs-events-collection-list .eventlist .eventlist-event .eventlist-excerpt a {
  display: inline-block;
    padding: 1em 2.5em;
    border: 2px solid #ed2c2c;
    background-color: #ed2e2d;
    font-weight: 700;
    font-style: normal;
    letter-spacing: .05em;
    line-height: 1.1em;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    color: #ffffff;
    border-radius: .5em;
}

/* don't allow event clickthrough url */
article.eventlist-event {
    pointer-events: none;
}

Edited by hansiel
On 2/2/2024 at 6:12 PM, hansiel said:

I also would like to disable the event clickthrough, however I would like to have events that link to a different URL.

I found a workaround to make links in the event settings excerpt to be styled as a button, so I can link to an external URL. However, when I use the code provided above to disable event title links, it also disables links in the excerpt.

Is there a way to disable the event title and image clickthrough (or enter a custom URL for them to click through to) and still allow the excerpt to include clickable external links?

Here is a link to my site. It's messy. I'm still in process of switching to 7.1 and moved over before we were really ready. https://www.drustvovec.si/tabori-in-aktivnosti

Here is the code I have in Custom CSS:

/* Hide 'View Event' button */
a.eventlist-button.sqs-editable-button.sqs-button-element--primary {
  display: none;
}

/* Style event links to button */ 
.sqs-events-collection-list .eventlist .eventlist-event .eventlist-excerpt a {
  display: inline-block;
    padding: 1em 2.5em;
    border: 2px solid #ed2c2c;
    background-color: #ed2e2d;
    font-weight: 700;
    font-style: normal;
    letter-spacing: .05em;
    line-height: 1.1em;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    color: #ffffff;
    border-radius: .5em;
}

/* don't allow event clickthrough url */
article.eventlist-event {
}

Use this code to disable title + image link

h1.eventlist-title, .eventlist-column-thumbnail {
}

Or send to forum message