Images not uploading to gallery

Hi, I'm new to Squarespace and am wondering why my images are failing to upload. Sometimes I need to try 4-5 times before the image actually uploads. For reference, the images are png thumbnails around 25 kb each. When I save and leave the page, return, or refresh, the places where the images should be appear as gaps on my page. Any reason why this happens? Do I keep attempting to upload over and over again until it succeeds? Thank you. Further note, I have blurred the content not relevant to this post as my website has not yet launched. Cheers.

issue with image upload.png

Edited by ptruck

The number one reason images fail to upload is while they are going up if you chose  any other  tab, like design it will make the upload quit with an error notice sometimes,  but usually no notice. It just isn't there. So when uploading don't choose any other options. Slow internet speed causes failure to upload. We have a lot of that going on right now. Upload one at a time, don't drag too many into the box, makes things too slow, one may load the others fail. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am having similar trouble. I have resized my jpg down to under 3MB and have tried to upload to a gallery countless times. The files fail. I have tried new galleries, new pages, and everything else I can think of. All of them fail. I have attached one of them here, which shows they can indeed upload to Squarespace, just not my site.

Windmill San Antonio Rodeo-3.jpg

• 1 year later...

I am having a loading image issue of my own, hopefully someone here can help as I’ve not heard back from Squarespace. 

I’m currently building my second website on squarespace and the first one I had no problems at all. This time round as I go to add an image to the background on home page, it comes up with this;

’Unable to find component with type, Ensure you are providing... asseruploader’

Binbo 

• 5 months later...

I didn't have any upload issues until just a couple weeks ago. My internet connection isn't the problem, I have 1 gig down and up. Using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge with no plugins. When I add images to my galleries, the upload fails, or it finishes, and the page automatically refreshes but doesn't seem to save the files. I've even tried deleting galleries, and re-creating them and their content, which seems to be okay at first, until I add images at a later date. Tonight, I wanted to add 6 images to one gallery, no luck and have tried over and over. Sometimes when the browser refreshes after the upload, and it fails to save, the browser displays an error message stating it has run out of memory. This is extremely frustrating, especially when creating a photography website as a portfolio and web-sales. I dunno... Help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, 
I have the same problem. I am new to Squarespace and it is not possible to upload ANY images, nor my logo or anything. I can only use the photos from their stock. It is really annoying as I am already paying but can't publish my website because I can not upload images. Anyone has a solution for this? 

Thank you lots! 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I found that if I try dropping an image in where I want it to go, it doesn't upload. But if I add my new image to the last position (you will see a square with a dotted line as a border), it loads in seconds! From there you can position it wherever you like. And yes, drag and drop works best.

Edited by RDT
  • 7 months later...

How do I drag and drop??? I'm trying to upload several hundred images to a page gallery. I seriously have to do them one at a time????? why does SS have issues like this and many others that have been going on for YEARS AT A TIME WITHOUT BEING RESOLVED?????

I think it might be time to look elsewhere

One at a time is certainly not necessary. Upload speeds depend mostly on your provider's upload speed. Mine at the moment is pretty bad. I would run a speed check and if your upload speed is say, 5 meg, then you should be able to upload say five  2 meg images at once in about two to three minutes, but not if you are browsing around while they are uploading. I upload multiple images while nothing else is happening on my connection, no steaming of video or music, no upgrades nothing. Dedicate your internet connection to only that project and it will certainly happen quicker. And yes don't position it where you want it until after it uploads and don't move any other thumbnails around while any images are uploading as well. I usually drag and drop, not select images from a folder but I have not noticed any difference in speed. 

I have a huge number of images on my site, and SS upload speed is not any slower for me than uploading to Facebook, not any quicker either, however. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 2 months later...

Your images may be 32-bit and not 24-bit. It seems the only ones I've had trouble uploading are the ones that are 32-bit. You can see the bit amount of the photo usually in its details found in "file info" ( a little "i" in a circle icon). As for taking only 24-bit photos, to ensure success every time, it might depend on changing the camera settings for your device. A quick research of your device camera specifications online or how to edit the bit amount should do the trick. I hope this helped someone because it's the only thing that worked for me, but I am a bit late to the conversation. 

Edited by SonnyG
clarification
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...