Remove unwanted fonts

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello!

Doing speed tests to my website I've observed that it takes so many time to load fonts that I don't actually use. 

I tired to remove them manually but I don't manage to do so. Another way is to use this tool https://cheers-studios.com/squarespace-font-optimizer but I can't use it since just circle members have access to the json style pack file.

Anyone knows another way I can change all the used fonts on my website for just one?

Thanks in advance,

HI sequoiac, thanks for your answer, but I don't manage to do so...

In fact, that's the first thing I tried, I went to style settings and I changed all the fonts to the same one but my website was still loading some other fonts.

Then I created new blocks and pages that I wasn't using in my original website (for exemple a gallery section) so then I could go to styles and change the fonts from these blocks that by default were using different fonts (and consequently my website was loading them even if they didn't appear directly in any page).

The thing is that probably I'm missing some blocks that still have the default fonts selected so when my webpage is loaded it loads all the fonts that "could" be used in my website (the one I actually use + all the default fonts that I didn't manage to change).

So I don't know how I could change ALL my fonts so my webstie just have to load the ACTUAL fonts used.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Solution

If you don't want Google Fonts or Adobe fonts to load on your site, select one of the built-in font packs that uses standard fonts:

Under Sans-serif, select Helvetica Neue

Under Serif, select Georgia

Under Mixed, select Verdana

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 5 months later...
42 minutes ago, Alice31302 said:

is there a solution for this on 7.0?

Yes!

In Squarespace 7.0 you can choose GDPR-compliant fonts by clicking SET ALL TO SYSTEM FONTS at the bottom of the Site Styles panel.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.