• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
thatguy

Google Social Icon is displaying as a generic link icon

Question

Site URL: https://wolf-carnation-plnt.squarespace.com/

So if you look at the right side of the header on this site you will see 3 logos. One for Facebook, one for Yelp and the one that is just a generic link. That link goes to the business's Google page! 

I did a live chat with a Squarespace rep and they told me Google icons are not an option. This is ridiculous if you ask me. 

I need to figure out a way to import the Google icon in the place of the generic link icon. Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

You can use CSS to solve this. But can you share link to your site first?

Your site is private, no one can access.

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

@tuanphan  I realized the site is not quite ready to be published so I have held off on that.

I did figure out how to select the links with CSS, but I am not sure how to change their icon? All my searches keep coming to the conclusion that I need to change the html. How would you do this with just CSS?

You can setup password & share url

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

4 hours ago, sacdeezy said:

Was there a solution for this?  I have the exact same issue outstanding.  https://getimagenow.com.  In the footer you'll see a generic link where my GMB icon could/should be.  Thx!

Stephen

Add to Cover Page Settings > Advanced > Header

<style>
  .icon-wrapper.url {
    background-image: url(https://beaverhero.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/artboard-1-.jpg);
    background-size: cover;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: center center;
}
  .icon-wrapper.url svg {
    visibility: hidden;
}
</style>

Replace with your icon url