Annoucement Bar changes not saving

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

@HollyDavis1210 This is currently a bug (since March 13th). If you paste text into the Announcement Bar it would normally be stripped of its formatting. Unfortunately this isn't happening right now, so if you paste in something that is H1 sized, the Announcement Bar will become enormous. Squarespace recommend the following workaround

• Delete all text contents of the field
  • On empty formatted field, Select all ( Command + A )
  • Delete again to remove formatting

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 10 months later...
  • Solution

There is currently a bug in the Announcement Bar settings panel. It was acknowledged on 14 March last year!

It should only be possible to paste "plain text" into this box, but it is currently accepting "formatted text". In your case, the text includes HTML that tells it to look like a h3 header.

It can be tricky, but it should be possible to remove the formatting by

• Deleting all text contents within the box
  • On the empty formatted box, Select all ( Cmd A or Ctrl A depending on Mac/Windows )
  • Delete again to remove formatting

It may take a few attempts to do this. Once the formatting has been removed, it should display correctly.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
On 1/20/2023 at 2:54 PM, greendoor said:

I am having similar issues with my announcement bar. Have tried to type and copy and paste something that isn't formatted and the text is still huge. Any advice?

Can you share link to your site? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...
On 4/11/2023 at 8:05 PM, BrookeMargherone said:

I'm having this same issue. My announcement bar is huge. No matter how much I change the font and weight, nothing changes. I tried to delete formatting and then Command + A, still nothing changed. Could anyone offer some additional help?

What is your site url? We can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)