Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Images not filling block in 'Poster' mode

I'm having some issues with my images not filling the image block space in full. 

They are set up on 'poster' layout mode which doesn't have a 'stretch' option, so the sizes are all over the place - especially in tablet/mobile format.

I have used some CSS to make the images have a colour/text overlay upon hover. Was all working fine for weeks however, this issue has just arisen today.

SquareSpace help couldn't figure it out so have sent to technical department for investigation, but no idea how long that would take and no guarantee of a fix.

I need to launch website ASAP. Any help/advice would be massively appreciated!

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 11.51.39.png

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link to site and site password. You can change that at any time. Do not post your account information. We are not sure exactly what is going on, but many sites are experiencing the same poster issue, and or buttons under a poster changing size. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews

We're having the same issue.  We haven't changed anything in months but today many images on the site have been re-sized.   Most problematic are the image buttons on our welcome page, which are now improperly sized and have gray borders, similar to the poster above.  This isn't a user design issue, this is a Squarespace issue.

www.ryeballet.com

I'm having the same problem. I didn't change anything, and yet nothing on my home page is working now. It displays as it should in the editor but doesn't display in any web browser as it should.

16 minutes ago, tanbudaiyan said:

I'm also having the same issue with poster images, on a website that is definitely NOT new. Glad to know it's not just me! https://thecompassandkey.com/travel-guides-for-wandering

I'm following this thread with the hope that it's resolved soon. Has anyone heard from Squarespace? I haven't seen anything on their Twitter feed.

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

@media screen and (max-width:640px) {
div#page-5798e721893fc0eaedeef5ec .design-layout-poster img {
    left: 0 !important;
    top: 0 !important;
    height: 100%;
}
}

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

1 hour ago, tuanphan said:

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

div#page-5798e721893fc0eaedeef5ec .design-layout-poster img {
}
}

Thanks so much! My apologies, it seems to be happening on all pages with poster images, so is there a way to insert this code to apply to the entire site? 

14 hours ago, tanbudaiyan said:

Thanks so much! My apologies, it seems to be happening on all pages with poster images, so is there a way to insert this code to apply to the entire site? 

Edit above code to

.design-layout-poster img {
}
}

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above.