Inserting a Drop Cap

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Jahhhd said:

I found this YouTube video but it applies the drop cap to the first letter of every paragraph. I'm trying to tweak it to only apply to the first letter of the first paragraph but so far no luck. 

If you share link to page where you want to use dropcap. I can take a look

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 9 months later...

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share that I found a way to add a dropcap to only the first letter of a full blog post. Here is the article I referenced: https://blog.hubspot.com/website/css-drop-cap#:~:text=There are two ways you,use the type selector span.

1 - Add a code block for the first paragraph of text for the page. Put a <span> tag around the first letter of the paragraph and give it a unique class. I chose "dropcap". 

<p><span class="dropcap">I</span>first came across the practice of smoke baths when I was doing research in Indonesia. The women were really into smoking themselves as a natural perfume. Indonesians also love clove, and they also love to smoke cigarettes.</p>

Then, in the custom css tab, I added the following styles to the dropcap letter. You may need to adjust accordingly.:

.dropcap {
  float: left;
  line-height: 85%;
  width: .4em;
  font-size: 400%;
}

If anyone has any questions, comments or ways I can improve this let me know! 

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 1.16.17 PM.png

Archived