Customizing the Checkout Button and Checkout Page

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: http://www.dakineskava.com

Hi there! I'm looking for the custom coding to change the size and font of the Checkout Button on my site. I've found several solutions on the forum but none of them are working for some reason. Maybe because I'm using the Skye template?

Also, I was wondering if there is any customization of fonts that can be done on the actual checkout page, or whether that is standard for all Squarespace sites. Thanks!

dakineskava.com/checkout

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 1.23.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 1.23.23 PM.png

• Replies 6
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hi @Zoey

You didn't say how you wanted to change the cart's "Checkout" button, but here's an example of how you can change the padding to make it smaller:

body .checkout button.CheckoutButton-checkoutButton-3yWY2 {
    padding: .7em 1.1em;
}

By default, there's 1em of padding top and bottom, and 2.5em on the sides.

You cannot customise the font (or very much else) on the Checkout page. Only the following settings are available for the checkout, and you cannot use CSS or other code to style it.

ss-checkout-styles.png.fef4d8e382fe23cc22269a8b50b0d1a8.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

@Ewa This isn't possible due to restrictions in place.

See my post here about translating the checkout page:

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...

Hi Zoe and Paul,

In the v7.0 Brine family, I have managed to style the checkout button using the following code:

body .checkout button.CheckoutButton-checkoutButton-3yWY2 {
   display:block;
  font-size: 13px;
  text-transform: uppercase;
  letter-spacing: 2px;
  color:#231f74;
  font-weight: 700;
  font-style: normal;
  line-height: normal;
  opacity:1;
  text-align: center;
  width: auto;
  height: auto;
  text-decoration: none;
  padding: 9px 20px;
  background-color: white;
  border-radius: 3px;
  transition: .1s opacity linear;
  cursor: pointer;
  border-color: #231f74;
  border-width:2px;
  border-style:solid;
  margin-top:10px;
}
body .checkout button.CheckoutButton-checkoutButton-3yWY2:hover {color: #fff; background-color: #231f74;}

I'm using it at https://skywavegin.com

Edited by Challenger2
Added URL
  • 2 years later...

Hi there! I am trying to figure out how to change the checkout button to direct customers to another page with a form I have made (the product purchase form isn't routing where I need it to route and there doesn't seem to be as much control as with a form outside of the product edit). Is there certain coding I need to add for when customers click the "checkout" button I can reroute them to another page? Any help is sincerely appreciated! 

6 hours ago, linds777 said:

I am trying to figure out how to change the checkout button to direct customers to another page with a form I have made

You can add a Custom Product Form to a product to allow you to capture custom information. If this isn't suitable, please provide us with more details, including a link to the form and the product.