Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
tilegore

CSV PARAGRAPH FORMATTING

Hey guys!

I have a product listing (almost 1500 items) that was edited on Google Sheets and now when I import the CSV from this listing the paragraph formatting doesn't appear in Squarespace, I didn't want to have to edit item by item in Squarespace. I only have this problem in CSV, if there is any way to convert the text to the Squarespace format and re-insert it in Google Sheets so that exporting a new CSV was ideal. Would anyone know how to tell me how to export a CSV with the training I used in Google Sheets without having to edit item by item? 😞

187018849_Capturadeecra2020-03-21as02_30_52.thumb.png.2fbdc47c730fa37c5a20059af0a4aa7d.png1237264985_Capturadeecra2020-03-21as02_42_31.thumb.png.6f5cb2f932fda2751203b210093c1784.png

On 3/21/2020 at 2:55 AM, tilegore said:

When I import the CSV from this listing the paragraph formatting doesn't appear in Squarespace

Unfortunately there isn't a magic bullet for this. If you add [plain text] line breaks in a CSV they are simply ignored. Each product description will need to be edited manually. You can do this in the CSV file before import or in the Squarespace editor after import.

To edit the description within the CSV so that it appears on separate lines, you can add HTML to the description field. For example:

<p>Dimensions: 40cm x 60cm</p>
<p>Color: Black</p>
<p>Weight: 450g</p>

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm currently booked until the end of May 2020.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions for Squarespace 7.0 and 7.1: Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension 
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Wishlist extension is now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.