How can I change the top and bottom padding of horizontal rule?

I have tried this bit of code:

hr { margin: 3px; }

and it worked, to an extent. The problem being it's adding a margin around all sides of the horizontal rule. As the margin px value increased, the shorter the horizontal rule got. I would like to be able to only effect the top and bottom padding of the horizontal rule. Can someone point me in the right direction to adjust this value? Much appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Views 76k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Kale. That seems to make sense, but for some reason that code is changing the weight of the horizontal rule and not dealing with the padding alone. As soon as I plug it in, the rules get bumped up to 10px in weight. Not exactly sure why a padding command would effect the weight…?

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi @Brice Beasley, I made a video tutorial for you on how to Change the Top and Bottom Padding. Hope this helps! https://www.askquesty.com/squarespace-answers/change-the-top-and-bottom-padding-squarespace-tutorial

Have Squarespace questions/task and need help today? **You can hire us here.** Our answers are on-demand, video recorded, and only cost between $5 to $25. Estimates are free, 100% satisfaction guarantee, and trusted by hundreds of small businesses.

Archived