7.1 Events Page: Hiding the "Back to All Events" link

Go to solution Solved by IM_Design,

3 minutes ago, wagneric said:

Thanks, Tuanphan. I have added to the Custom CSS field before, but I've also added custom CSS to individual page's "Advanced" Code Injection and wasn't sure if this code was site-wide or page specific. 

CSS should be inserted at Design > Custom CSS

if you want to insert to Page Header, you need wrap CSS in style tag

<style>

paste the CSS here

</style>

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to use the events set-up as a job board. (If anyone has a suggestion of something that would work better than events, I'm open to hearing it!)

So I'm looking to change the text from "Back to All Events" to "Back to Vacancies". Any suggestions on how to best do this? 

3 minutes ago, belsabub said:

I'm trying to use the events set-up as a job board.

I find that works really well too, because vacancies disappear after the closing date 🙂.

You can rename the label but the exact solution will depend on your site's version/template/billing plan. Can you provide some details?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
On 4/23/2020 at 1:58 PM, paul2009 said:

I find that works really well too, because vacancies disappear after the closing date 🙂.

You can rename the label but the exact solution will depend on your site's version/template/billing plan. Can you provide some details?

Hi @paul2009,

I would also like to know how to rename the 'Back to all Events' label. Do you know how? Here's the site: https://www.aulaseriene.no/program-v2/lieder-290521 (still under development)

I've got a Business Plan and my site is running 7.1. This entry is getting old, but I can't find any other posts enquiring about renaming this particular label. Fingers crossed you can still help!

5 hours ago, paul2009 said:

Hi Thormod

Try adding this to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Footer:

<script>
Y.on('domready', function() {
  Y.one(".eventitem-backlink").set('innerHTML', 'Tilbake til Alle Arrangementer')
});
</script>

Let me know how you get on.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for having a go at this! It didn't work, I'm afraid. There's quite a bit of code in my footer already, but I suppose other code won't block this one from functioning (as no other code is targeting .eventitem-backlink)...

Here's the code I used (just changed the link text – thanks for having a go even at translating it):

<script>
Y.on('domready', function() {
  Y.one(".eventitem-backlink").set('innerHTML', 'Tilbake til programoversikt')
});
</script>

30 minutes ago, Thormod_RK said:

Thanks for having a go at this! It didn't work, I'm afraid.

Ooh, that's interesting for a number of reasons. Not to worry!

I've rewritten it in plain JavaScript for you:

<!-- Translate 'Back to All Events' on Squarespace 7.1 ------------------------------------->
<!-- Copyright Soundfocus Digital [sf.digital] --------------------------------------------->
<!-- Use freely in your code injection. Do NOT re-publish.---------------------------------->
<script>
  window.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', (event) => {
    var backEvents = document.querySelector(".eventitem-backlink");
    if (backEvents) {
      backEvents.innerHTML = "Tilbake til programoversikt";
    }
})
</script>
<!-- End of Translate 'Back to All Events' ------------------------------------------------->

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 5/7/2021 at 6:49 PM, paul2009 said:

Ooh, that's interesting for a number of reasons. Not to worry!

I've rewritten it in plain JavaScript for you:

<!-- Translate 'Back to All Events' on Squarespace 7.1 ------------------------------------->
<!-- Copyright Soundfocus Digital [sf.digital] --------------------------------------------->
<!-- Use freely in your code injection. Do NOT re-publish.---------------------------------->
<script>
  window.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', (event) => {
    var backEvents = document.querySelector(".eventitem-backlink");
    if (backEvents) {
      backEvents.innerHTML = "Tilbake til programoversikt";
    }
})
</script>
<!-- End of Translate 'Back to All Events' ------------------------------------------------->

It worked perfectly. Such a tiny detail, but it truly makes a difference. Thank you so much, @paul2009!

• 1 year later...
On 11/19/2022 at 4:49 AM, studiotheia said:

I'm dealing with the same issue, trying to get rid of events back and forward links 

benscraftcocktails.com/events

specifically on:

https://www.benscraftcocktails.com/events/event-one-d3jsm

https://www.benscraftcocktails.com/events/star-of-the-bar-dr4ch

You can edit 2 events > Add a Code Block > Paste this code

<style>
  a.eventitem-backlink {
    display: none;
}
</style>

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)