• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

zoom by scrolling in a lightbox

MMCioffi

Question

Hello All,

I would like the light-boxes on my website to be zoomable. I would like this zoom feature to work via the scroll wheel. I do not know how to achieve this through code and as far as I can tell this is not a feature supported by squarespace. Do you guys know if this is achievable through code and if so how I would go about it? 

Please note I am referring to zoom by scroll as seen in this link: https://www.rct.uk/collection/search#/2/collection/912358/recto-a-design-for-an-equestrian-monument-verso-studies-of-flowing-water-a-cross

I am not interested in zoom by click, or a magnifying glass function.

Thanks so much guys, 

Marc

Edited by MMCioffi

10 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, MMCioffi said:

Hello All,

I would like the light-boxes on my website to be zoomable. I would like this zoom feature to work via the scroll wheel. I do not know how to achieve this through code and as far as I can tell this is not a feature supported by squarespace. Do you guys know if this is achievable through code and if so how I would go about it? 

Please note I am referring to zoom by scroll as seen in this link: https://www.rct.uk/collection/search#/2/collection/912358/recto-a-design-for-an-equestrian-monument-verso-studies-of-flowing-water-a-cross

I am not interested in zoom by click, or a magnifying glass function.

Thanks so much guys, 

Marc

Hi , If you can do code then you can use WheelZoom.js (https://www.jacklmoore.com/wheelzoom/)  it has great documentation you can easily go through it and implement it on your website. 

If you do need any help you can message me. 🙂

On 9/18/2020 at 10:42 PM, mlanse333 said:

This issue is resolved now. My water review website has the same issue but after updating the blog, the site is working fine.

I checked your blog but it did not have the lightbox enabled?

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Youtube Gallery for Squarespace
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

On 4/10/2020 at 5:48 AM, MMCioffi said:

giving this a bump: topic still unsolved.

Try my lastest zoom lightbox plugin to see if it fit your need

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Youtube Gallery for Squarespace
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you