Making Folder Title Link to Page

Site URL: https://mandolin-dolphin-3ag5.squarespace.com

Hello,

How do I make the folder title of my website link to an actual page? I tried inserting the code below into the Navigation Title of my folder to link to the "Forest Values" page, but this is not working. In fact, it makes the Navigation Title to be "Forest Values</a>" when it should be "Forest Values."  

<a href="/forest-values">Forest Values</a>

Thank you!

• Replies 5
  • Views 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The site is password protected so we can't see it.

However this question keeps popping up. I am confused as to why one would want a folder in the nav bar to become link to a page, when you can just put a link by itself on the nav bar? (in 7.0 you can, don't know about 7.1) If your folder has links in it then just make one of the links go to the page you want.) The folder itself is not designed to be a link only to hold them, that is why people try to use code to change a folder nav title to a link, but as you can see that doesn't always work.

• 2 weeks later...

Its the address of the folder, just like the address of a page. If you type  myrandomviews.com/lessons (the url slug for my folder)  in an address bar it  would jump to the first thing linked in my folder which happens to be lesson one. In other words the url slug, is a link to the folder contents  not to somewhere else. If you are viewing the site, the link does nothing so that viewers who want to go  to say, the third item in a folder end up gong back to the first one because they clicked or touched the folder name by accident twice.  

Archived