Change Checkout Button Font and Button Color

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

23 minutes ago, cvanuch said:

@tuanphan Thank you, I tried it but it doesn't seem to be working. Do you have any other suggestions?

Have you declared custom font yet?

@font-face {
	font-family: tuan;
	src: url(upload font file and paste font url here);
}
body#cart .checkout span {
    font-family: tuan !important;
    color: green;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/30/2020 at 6:20 PM, tuanphan said:

Can you share link to cart page on your site?

hi Tuan, yes I'm needing the code too. the part for button colour worked but not able to make the font change no matter what I do and can't find the target class. Frustrating that Squarespace doesn't automatically make ALL buttons on the site pull the colour and font from the other settings!

https://bird-carillon-tzew.squarespace.com/shop/p/a-horse-with-no-name pw Wildthings55

thanks! (you'll need to check out this item to see the checkout page of course )

2 hours ago, jaisequoia said:

Frustrating that Squarespace doesn't automatically make ALL buttons on the site pull the colour and font from the other settings!

Normally this button would use the standard button styles (colours and fonts) but Squarespace made an undocumented change in February that "broke" this for the cart. I've documented this in the Circle "bugs" list here.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi there, thanks for this, I have been able to change the colour of my "checkout" button with the above code... wondering if I can get help for creating a black outline around my checkout button and the box which shows the quantity? Also for making the lines around the item and the words "item, quantity and price" on my shopping cart page black? 

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 1.42.12 PM.png

On 3/18/2022 at 7:45 AM, abbyleebonny said:

Hi there, thanks for this, I have been able to change the colour of my "checkout" button with the above code... wondering if I can get help for creating a black outline around my checkout button and the box which shows the quantity? Also for making the lines around the item and the words "item, quantity and price" on my shopping cart page black? 

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 1.42.12 PM.png

Can you share link to a product? We cancheck easier

Or send to forum message

@jaisequoia Until they fix the bug, this may help you:

body .checkout-button {
  border-radius: 0.4rem;
  font-family: hypatia-sans-pro!important;
  font-weight: 900!important;
}

862810317_Screenshot2022-03-19at21_32_11.png.497c6e69d37dbc8682b5423988983af9.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 3/21/2022 at 4:56 AM, abbyleebonny said:

Hi there @tuanphan  - thanks so much for getting back to me!

The link is here: https://dekanstudios.com/shop/p/sol-diffuser

Add to Dsesign > Custom CSS

div.item-quantity input, button.checkout-button {
    border: 1px solid black !important;
}

Or send to forum message

23 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Add to Dsesign > Custom CSS

div.item-quantity input, button.checkout-button {
    border: 1px solid black !important;
}

Thank you @tuanphan - that's amazing! Are you able to please help me, I have set my purchase buttons to 'outline' with black text, however when I hover over it the whole button turns black... Do you have custom css so that when it is hovered over the border and text remain black but the background turns from my site colour to white?

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 8.46.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 8.50.34 PM.png

On 3/23/2022 at 2:51 PM, abbyleebonny said:

Thank you @tuanphan - that's amazing! Are you able to please help me, I have set my purchase buttons to 'outline' with black text, however when I hover over it the whole button turns black... Do you have custom css so that when it is hovered over the border and text remain black but the background turns from my site colour to white?

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 8.46.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 8.50.34 PM.png

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* Purchase Button */
div.sqs-add-to-cart-button:hover {
    background-color: white !important;
}
div.sqs-add-to-cart-button:hover div {
    color: black !important;
}

Or send to forum message