Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

The new Squarespace Cookie Banner? - Active Cookie Control


Recommended Posts

The Cookie Banner on the German Squarespace website is TrustArc's Cookie Consent Manager, a third party tool. 

Cookie Consent Manager Screenshot

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Link to comment

Hi Paul, thank you very much for the feedback.

The problem with third-party solutions is, that they cannot control all Squarspace's cookies.
So far we have used Cookiebot in connection with the Google Tag Manager.
But also here, only cookies that can be entered in the Tag Manager are controllable.

Obviously this is possible on the German Squarespace site with Trus Arc. 
Example: Adobe font (typekit) and LinkedIn

My next question to the forum is, who has experience with Trust Arc or with a GDPR compliant solution of a third party. 

I need this solution for 10 Sqaurespace customer sites.

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...

So, who might be in charge for the implementation of this to all Squarespace websites?

We need it so badly, all Squarespace sites are illegal with the old cookie consent right now,
the only legal solution in the EU as of today is to switch off all cookies,
which is such a bad idea when it comes to all things marketing & analytics.

Dear @yoshe are you involved in this? 

Edited by sssupers


 1634774572_ezgif.com-gif-maker(12).gif.3836570d51f5ebc97283d974ac23db3b.gifHi, I'm sssupers.
 

Link to comment

I tried to integrate cookiepro into squarespace.
this works well on the published page now.
only when i want to edit my page it does not work.
has anyone had any experience with this?

actually squarespace would either have to develop a cookie-banner itself that complies with the DSGVO of the EU or offer a thirdparty solution that really works for squarespace...
I'm pretty annoyed by squarespace in the meantime...

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 9:58 PM, veggielicious_wolfgang said:

I tried to integrate cookiepro into squarespace.
this works well on the published page now.
only when i want to edit my page it does not work.
has anyone had any experience with this?

actually squarespace would either have to develop a cookie-banner itself that complies with the DSGVO of the EU or offer a thirdparty solution that really works for squarespace...
I'm pretty annoyed by squarespace in the meantime...

Did you find a solution to this? Right now i have to remove the cookiebot script from code injection every time i want to make changes to the site..

Link to comment

Using metomic.io for my own and numerous client websites seems to turn out well. 
It's free, mulitilanguage, visually fits to Squarespace, custom brand color and more. 


The only thing I don't like is that both yes & no buttons are of the same kind,
but metomic says they don't want to make a tool that converts (anyway) but a tool that is legit. 

It comes as a popup, not as a banner bar:

metomic.png.f21e753646c8b493a79dfb0bcb0205ee.png

 

 

 


 1634774572_ezgif.com-gif-maker(12).gif.3836570d51f5ebc97283d974ac23db3b.gifHi, I'm sssupers.
 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 2:03 PM, sssupers said:

Using metomic.io for my own and numerous client websites seems to turn out well. 
It's free, mulitilanguage, visually fits to Squarespace, custom brand color and more. 


The only thing I don't like is that both yes & no buttons are of the same kind,
but metomic says they don't want to make a tool that converts (anyway) but a tool that is legit. 

It comes as a popup, not as a banner bar:

metomic.png.f21e753646c8b493a79dfb0bcb0205ee.png

 

 

 

Hey! You found a solution... that's awesome 👏🏼

Is it difficult to implement? Or can it be done by a non-coding designer? 😉 

Link to comment

Almost too easy to believe @CreativeNature.
You're at first asked for the domain name and the tool gives you 
two lines of code for the Header and one for the Footer Code Injection area. 

After have it running, you may change the auto detect brand color to whatever 
and tweak the 'We're sorry but we had to' text as desired. 
Extra tipp: inside the settings for the banner, the disclaimer links should be set manually. 💥

Edited by sssupers


 1634774572_ezgif.com-gif-maker(12).gif.3836570d51f5ebc97283d974ac23db3b.gifHi, I'm sssupers.
 

Link to comment
On 5/7/2020 at 1:03 PM, sssupers said:

Using metomic.io for my own and numerous client websites seems to turn out well. 
It's free, mulitilanguage, visually fits to Squarespace, custom brand color and more. 


The only thing I don't like is that both yes & no buttons are of the same kind,
but metomic says they don't want to make a tool that converts (anyway) but a tool that is legit. 

It comes as a popup, not as a banner bar:

metomic.png.f21e753646c8b493a79dfb0bcb0205ee.png

 

 

 

Thanks @sssupers I'll give it a go!

Link to comment
17 hours ago, sssupers said:

Almost too easy to believe @CreativeNature.
You're at first asked for the domain name and the tool gives you 
two lines of code for the Header and one for the Header Code Injection area. 

After have it running, you may change the auto detect brand color to whatever 
and tweak the 'We're sorry but we had to' text as desired. 
Extra tipp: inside the settings for the banner, the disclaimer links should be set manually. 💥

Thanks a lot! I will look into it 😊👍🏼

Link to comment
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I follow this topic as I have the exact same problem: I cannot block cookie prior to consent, some of my images disappear when I add the CookieBot code injection, and I cannot edit my page because of this same code (it seems to block).

I've emailed Squarespace regarding the new GDPR law and cookie policy, as it's been more than a year and we need a legal solution...

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 10:20 PM, TPLvision-2021 said:

I follow this topic as I have the exact same problem: I cannot block cookie prior to consent, some of my images disappear when I add the CookieBot code injection, and I cannot edit my page because of this same code (it seems to block).

I've emailed Squarespace regarding the new GDPR law and cookie policy, as it's been more than a year and we need a legal solution...

Can you share link to your site? I can check disappear problem easier.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...