The new Squarespace Cookie Banner? - Active Cookie Control

The Cookie Banner on the German Squarespace website is TrustArc's Cookie Consent Manager, a third party tool. 

Cookie Consent Manager Screenshot

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul, thank you very much for the feedback.

The problem with third-party solutions is, that they cannot control all Squarspace's cookies.
So far we have used Cookiebot in connection with the Google Tag Manager.
But also here, only cookies that can be entered in the Tag Manager are controllable.

Obviously this is possible on the German Squarespace site with Trus Arc. 
Example: Adobe font (typekit) and LinkedIn

My next question to the forum is, who has experience with Trust Arc or with a GDPR compliant solution of a third party. 

I need this solution for 10 Sqaurespace customer sites.

• 4 weeks later...

So, who might be in charge for the implementation of this to all Squarespace websites?

We need it so badly, all Squarespace sites are illegal with the old cookie consent right now,
the only legal solution in the EU as of today is to switch off all cookies,
which is such a bad idea when it comes to all things marketing & analytics.

Dear @yoshe are you involved in this? 

Edited by sssupers

1634774572_ezgif.com-gif-maker(12).gif.3836570d51f5ebc97283d974ac23db3b.gifHi, I'm sssupers.

I tried to integrate cookiepro into squarespace.
this works well on the published page now.
only when i want to edit my page it does not work.
has anyone had any experience with this?

actually squarespace would either have to develop a cookie-banner itself that complies with the DSGVO of the EU or offer a thirdparty solution that really works for squarespace...
I'm pretty annoyed by squarespace in the meantime...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 9:58 PM, veggielicious_wolfgang said:

I tried to integrate cookiepro into squarespace.
this works well on the published page now.
only when i want to edit my page it does not work.
has anyone had any experience with this?

actually squarespace would either have to develop a cookie-banner itself that complies with the DSGVO of the EU or offer a thirdparty solution that really works for squarespace...
I'm pretty annoyed by squarespace in the meantime...

Did you find a solution to this? Right now i have to remove the cookiebot script from code injection every time i want to make changes to the site..

Using metomic.io for my own and numerous client websites seems to turn out well. 
It's free, mulitilanguage, visually fits to Squarespace, custom brand color and more. 

The only thing I don't like is that both yes & no buttons are of the same kind,
but metomic says they don't want to make a tool that converts (anyway) but a tool that is legit. 

It comes as a popup, not as a banner bar:

metomic.png.f21e753646c8b493a79dfb0bcb0205ee.png

1634774572_ezgif.com-gif-maker(12).gif.3836570d51f5ebc97283d974ac23db3b.gifHi, I'm sssupers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 2:03 PM, sssupers said:

Using metomic.io for my own and numerous client websites seems to turn out well. 
It's free, mulitilanguage, visually fits to Squarespace, custom brand color and more. 

but metomic says they don't want to make a tool that converts (anyway) but a tool that is legit. 

Hey! You found a solution... that's awesome 👏🏼

Is it difficult to implement? Or can it be done by a non-coding designer? 😉 

Almost too easy to believe @CreativeNature.
You're at first asked for the domain name and the tool gives you 
two lines of code for the Header and one for the Footer Code Injection area. 

After have it running, you may change the auto detect brand color to whatever 
and tweak the 'We're sorry but we had to' text as desired. 
Extra tipp: inside the settings for the banner, the disclaimer links should be set manually. 💥

Edited by sssupers

On 5/7/2020 at 1:03 PM, sssupers said:

Thanks @sssupers I'll give it a go!

17 hours ago, sssupers said:

Almost too easy to believe @CreativeNature.
You're at first asked for the domain name and the tool gives you 
two lines of code for the Header and one for the Header Code Injection area. 

After have it running, you may change the auto detect brand color to whatever 
and tweak the 'We're sorry but we had to' text as desired. 
Extra tipp: inside the settings for the banner, the disclaimer links should be set manually. 💥

Thanks a lot! I will look into it 😊👍🏼

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to find a cookie solution. what is everyone using for their squarespace? I want to block cookies prior to consent and I don't know how. any help is greatly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

I follow this topic as I have the exact same problem: I cannot block cookie prior to consent, some of my images disappear when I add the CookieBot code injection, and I cannot edit my page because of this same code (it seems to block).

I've emailed Squarespace regarding the new GDPR law and cookie policy, as it's been more than a year and we need a legal solution...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 10:20 PM, TPLvision-2021 said:

I follow this topic as I have the exact same problem: I cannot block cookie prior to consent, some of my images disappear when I add the CookieBot code injection, and I cannot edit my page because of this same code (it seems to block).

I've emailed Squarespace regarding the new GDPR law and cookie policy, as it's been more than a year and we need a legal solution...

Can you share link to your site? I can check disappear problem easier.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 5 months later...

any solution for this so far?! 
the free version won t work and Squarespace wasn't able to put up anything in a year...
not really cool. and I got so many clients to switch over since I love Squarespace but this is pain in the ass.
if any one can help. would be awesome!!!!