CookieBot blocks images

Site URL: https://www.sab.hr

Hi all,

Recently on my website I noticed that images do not load properly on my website. More specifically, sometimes they load and sometimes they do not. Attached is the screenshot of a page where images are supposed to load. Upon further investigation I discovered that when I remove CookieBot script from the header in code injection that everything works fine. Website worked flawlessly with this script before so I have no idea how to resolve this problem.  If someone can give me advice that would be great.

Any help is appreciated!

Dino

Screenshot 2020-03-14 at 10.12.52.png

On 3/14/2020 at 8:31 PM, humxahafeex said:

It's simply issue of conflict between the external api/plugins you are usgin with your website try to disable the external codes you are using and check if it resolves the issue or not.

As I have said in my original post, I already figured out that CookeBot code is the issue, I just need a way to keep both the CookieBot code and have images load on the website. So if there is some way to override image loading or something..

5 hours ago, MagIngMech said:

As I have said in my original post, I already figured out that CookeBot code is the issue, I just need a way to keep both the CookieBot code and have images load on the website. So if there is some way to override image loading or something..

Oh Sorry Missed That , Can you do 1 thing real quick , Will you please remove the code from header and put it in footer (see attached image below). 

Please do this I hope it will work if not do let me know 🙂

FOOTER-.PNG

Edited by humxahafeex
1 hour ago, humxahafeex said:

Oh Sorry Missed That , Can you do 1 thing real quick , Will you please remove the code from header and put it in footer (see attached image below). 

Please do this I hope it will work if not do let me know 🙂

FOOTER-.PNG

Thank you for your help and advice. I have tried pasting the code in footer, cookie banner works but images still don't load 😞

1 hour ago, humxahafeex said:

HI @MagIngMech , If the above solution doesn't work try to change the script from your script menu  in Cookiebot to Manual  & then copy and paste the new code to your header section , (see  attahced Image )

I hope it works as I tested it on my sample wesbite.

manual.PNG

Thank you for your replies and help, meanwhile I have contacted CookieBot support and it turns out that if cookies are enabled then everything works, and if marketing cookies are not allowed then images are blocked for some reason. So this is intended I guess, I just had cookies disabled from before and that is why I thought no one could see the images. 

Hi,

I have seen the exact same thing happening on my websites. The solution for a GDPR/ePrivacy compliant cookie banner with Cookiebot worked perfectly fine so far, but suddenly the banner also blocks some of the website content.

This doesn't only happen when the user says no to all cookies, but also sometimes even before the decision is made (i.e. when a user lands on the page).

It seems that there are some content elements that get hidden because of the cookie banner script. 

For my sites, this mainly affects:

• background/banner images on Index Pages
  • the header part (logo and menu)
  • on mobile devices: hamburger menu

When being in contact with Cookiebot, they told me that it probably could be corrected if you could choose where exactly in the (entire) header the cookie script is placed. It seems to interfere with some of Squarespace's elements - but not all.

When placing the Cookiebot script t in the footer section instead, it doesn't work since it won't block all the cookies right from the start.

The Cookiebot team also suggested using the "manual" instead of "auto" blocking version, but this doesn't work either.

I am now looking into other solutions - hoping that the Squarespace team will offer GDPR-compliant cookie banners for its EU users soon.

Interestingly, on the German Squarespace website (de.squarespace.com), there is now a cookie consent banner where the user can choose which cookies they accept - which is a third party solution by TrustArc. Maybe this one is worth looking at, too.

It was also recently mentioned here: 

victoriaweber.deSquarespace Tutorials, Templates & more in German 👨‍💻👩‍💻

International Squarespace agency services:  https://www.everyblue.de/english
We speak English, German & Danish 🪐

I found a solution to this and simply replaced Cookiebot with another third party tool called Cookieyes. It seems to work fine, both when cookies are declined and when allowed. I hope this helps!

victoriaweber.deSquarespace Tutorials, Templates & more in German 👨‍💻👩‍💻

International Squarespace agency services:  https://www.everyblue.de/english
We speak English, German & Danish 🪐

On 3/16/2020 at 8:42 PM, VictoriaW said:

Hi,

I have seen the exact same thing happening on my websites. The solution for a GDPR/ePrivacy compliant cookie banner with Cookiebot worked perfectly fine so far, but suddenly the banner also blocks some of the website content.

This doesn't only happen when the user says no to all cookies, but also sometimes even before the decision is made (i.e. when a user lands on the page).

It seems that there are some content elements that get hidden because of the cookie banner script. 

For my sites, this mainly affects:

• background/banner images on Index Pages
  • the header part (logo and menu)
  • on mobile devices: hamburger menu

When being in contact with Cookiebot, they told me that it probably could be corrected if you could choose where exactly in the (entire) header the cookie script is placed. It seems to interfere with some of Squarespace's elements - but not all.

When placing the Cookiebot script t in the footer section instead, it doesn't work since it won't block all the cookies right from the start.

The Cookiebot team also suggested using the "manual" instead of "auto" blocking version, but this doesn't work either.

I am now looking into other solutions - hoping that the Squarespace team will offer GDPR-compliant cookie banners for its EU users soon.

Interestingly, on the German Squarespace website (de.squarespace.com), there is now a cookie consent banner where the user can choose which cookies they accept - which is a third party solution by TrustArc. Maybe this one is worth looking at, too.

It was also recently mentioned here: 

Hi Victoria, thanks for the reply.

It's probably only a matter of time when Cookieyes or any other third party script also starts not working as intended with Squarespace. Until we have Squarespace chosen solution - like TrustArc you have mentioned, I'm afraid we will continue to experience problems.

• 4 months later...

For anyone using cookiebot, a solution is to use Google Tag Manager for your web tracking needs and load Cookiebot via Google Tag Manager.

In GTM you need to configure each tracking script to be loaded accordling to the user preferences. In this way Cookiebot will not mess with your site images

• 1 year later...

684461925_Screenshot2021-07-29at13_36_31.thumb.png.e90add0f5bff27b3281a566d4ead4875.png

I have seen the same problem where background images are not lazy loaded on initial load. Notice the absence of src tag attribute on the image. This is particularly noticeable where there is more than one background image on a page. After accepting all cookies and reloading the page they seem to load ok. 

Nice to hear that others are having the same or similar problem.

https://support.cookiebot.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003793854-Google-Tag-Manager-deployment

Edited by Danlobo
add image