Easier way for clients to book multiple appointments?

Currently the only way for clients to add multiple appointments is to choose "add a time" from a drop down menu they see after selecting a day and time.

So far I have asked 3 people to perform this task as a test with the only instructions being "Use this page to schedule 3 future appointments"

each one of them have failed to notice/use the "add a time" option and none of them could figure out how to add more dates without first entering credit card information and then starting the whole process over again.

These people are not stupid. 

Can there please be a more obvious "continue booking" option PRIOR to them having to enter credit card information? OR have appointments placed in a shopping cart type function that they checkout from all at once?

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm looking for the best solution for my customers to book online classes. I've read all the info about Squarespace scheduler, but I can't find whether customers can book multiple appointments and just pay once. I tutor online, mostly one-to-one, so my customers prefer to book a block of lessons at a regular time each week, rather than individual lessons. Is that possible with Scheduler? Thanks for any help.

• 4 months later...

You can rename the labels used on this page; I've changed the text to things like "Finish and Pay" "Book this and another", "Book a recurring session", etc. with some success. The issue I had was that when the users clicked "add this and another" they then didn't realise they could click the calendar again. I changed the "Continue" button to "Finish and Pay" to make it really clear and added instructions in a text box above the calendar; not very elegant but better.

I suspect that some custom development to add a pop-up which asks "do you want to book another? Click the calendar again!" or similar...hopefully this might help.

M

• 1 year later...

I learned the only way to allow clients to book more than 1 service at a time in this booking system is to basically relish all

services in “Add-on’s” then select the appointment types. So for example I added back facial as an Add on and selected “all” for services a back facial could be booked with, deselecting “back facial”. So when they book any service, it will show all

other appointment options they can select from prior to entering their CC info. It’s definitely something acuity needs to fix and enough people have talked about it as well as put requests in to change this from being so ridiculously difficult in so many ways so who knows when they will actually do something about it. We are looking to leave if they can’t make this simple change so

we will see. 

• 6 months later...

I've been looking for ways to do this for months, I'm surprised Squarespace haven't found a solution for this yet.

I sell packages that contain appointments of different lengths, that need to be booked on seperate days. It's very clunky for clients to book a package, and I think it hinders sales when it's not easy to book multiple appointments at the same time.

What I've done with my services is embedded the scheduler on a page that is just for booking that particular package. I've put notes on how to book the appointments. I've also added a thumbnail image to the service that shows what appointment number it is.

My clients still need to repeat the process multiple times to book their appointments, but it's better than nothing.

Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 11.17.25 am.png

• 7 months later...