Creating Templates

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @inspireaconnection

It's definitely possible to start a trial site, work on it and later on transfer its ownership if you would like to. Check out this help article for more specifics:

Changing site ownership

You may also be interested in having a look into Squarespace Circle - a program designed to support, inspire, and engage the community of creatives, developers, and designers who use Squarespace to build websites for themselves and their clients. Learn more on this other help article here:

About Squarespace Circle

• 1 month later...

I just spoke with support about this same topic!

If you're a Circle member you can duplicate the site & transfer ownership to the buyer, then remove yourself as a contributor from the Dashboard's Contributor area of your account. Easy peasy! (https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001463487)

Just make sure all the elements in your template will copy over with the duplication, by checking this list: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039396131#toc-what-content-copies-over

Hope that helps! Best of luck to ya!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

4 hours ago, NanaYaa said:

I planned to ask the same question. So will you have to pay for the hosting on the demo sites as well after the 14 day trial? 

If you designed 3 sites, you can register Circle Member. You have 6 month free trial. After 6 months, you can duplicate the site, and you have 6 months trial for the duplicate site =]]

I also intend to sell template. My ideal is create template > Duplicate the template & transfer the ownership to customer.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 6 months later...

To add onto this questions, I've seen others have their template demo show with a template name.squarespace.com

So it had me thinking they were able to host it on Squarespace, but after talking with support, Squarespace rep told me the only way to keep a website/template live is to at least upgrade to the basic package. 

My question is: Is there a way to keep my website/template in 7.1 live so that I may rename the domain name (and have it at Squarespace.com) so that I can duplicate the site when clients buy that template?

I see it done, I just don't know how to do it. 

Basically, is there a free or cheaper way than me having 5 sites live just to show clients the live demo of the site. Almost like parking it or something?

Thanks in advance

Archived