Translate in shop and so on

Site URL: https://www.piipers.com/

Site URL: https://tarantula-soybean-yx3d.squarespace.com/

HI! I´m new to this so excuse my lack of knowledge in this. But I´m trying to understand how to translate the language in the circled areas in the shop. 

Anyone have an easy code I can use? Or some tips on how to learn. Need to translate some more things on the page 🙂

Thank you for any help! 

Circle.png

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to use English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish then many templates support these, but if you need another language (as your currency suggests) then you may want to consider adding a third-party translation service like Weglot that will translate fixed elements automatically. 

I say this because whilst it is possible to translate some fixed elements on product pages, you won't be able to manually translate the checkout page, and that's normally the deal-breaker.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, rafdeclerck said:

I tried Weglot and it translates everything except the checkout page...

Weglot does translate the checkout from English into other languages. As you haven't provided a link to your site, it's difficult for me to be specific about why it isn't working for you, but I recommend you check that:

• you are on a Commerce plan (not a Business plan). You can check this in Settings > Billing & Account > Billing.
  • the "Checkout on Your Domain" setting is enabled. You can check this in Commerce > Checkout.

If both are correct, I suggest you reach out to Weglot for support.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

44 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

Weglot does translate the checkout from English into other languages. As you haven't provided a link to your site so it's difficult for me to be specific about why it isn't working for you, but I recommend you check that:

• you are on a Commerce plan (not a Business plan). You can check this in Settings > Billing & Account > Billing.
  • the "Checkout on Your Domain" setting is enabled. You can check this in Commerce > Checkout.

Aha okay got it! Thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2020 at 3:02 PM, paul2009 said:

Weglot does translate the checkout from English into other languages. As you haven't provided a link to your site, it's difficult for me to be specific about why it isn't working for you, but I recommend you check that:

As per https://weglot.com/documentation/setup-guides/squarespace/ it appears that a business plan is enough to work with weglot. I am waiting for weglot to reply because I am almost ready to go with weglot but your answer (see the bullet point above) appears to imply that weglot will not translate checkout if the site is setup against a Squarespace business plan. I can't find any weglot support article to substantiate your claim. Is it an error on your part or am I misunderstanding something?

1 hour ago, AlexSantos said:

Your answer appears to imply that weglot will not translate checkout if the site is setup against a Squarespace business plan. I can't find any weglot support article to substantiate your claim.

Hi Alex

Weglot can translate any pages on your own domain. You specify your domain name and make some changes to your DNS, and it then translates pages served using this domain name. However, Squarespace only allow you to checkout on your domain if you are on a Commerce plan (Basic or Advanced). If you are on a Business Plan the checkout will use the URL https://secure.squarespace.com/checkout instead of your custom domain, and so this content won't feed through Weglot's servers and consequently won't be translated.

-Paul

Archived