Google Indexing Error! Page Fetch Failed: Crawl Anomoly

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi EngineerGuY,

There are some crawling errors that you see in Google Search Console that are expected, due to a difference between how Squarespace blocks internal and duplicate content and Google's preferences. There's a help article that explain this in more detail here:

Understanding Google SEO emails and console errors

I think the info in the article above is a good starting point to look at. 

On 3/3/2020 at 10:55 AM, srodrigues said:

Hi EngineerGuY,

There are some crawling errors that you see in Google Search Console that are expected, due to a difference between how Squarespace blocks internal and duplicate content and Google's preferences. There's a help article that explain this in more detail here:

Understanding Google SEO emails and console errors

I think the info in the article above is a good starting point to look at. 

that doesn't answer why google won't index my page! That is a big issue right now.... as it's my business an kind of needs to be indexed by google! 

Hi again, 

Sorry to hear that you didn't find that article helpful! 

You may want to contact Squarespace Customer Support to see if they can provide you any further insight on the errors you are seeing on Google Search Console and point you in the right direction. However, bear in mind that SEO strategy is something that falls outside of the scope of Squarespace support. For further SEO assistance, you may want to consider consulting with a Squarespace Expert.

Archived