ID Tag Keeps Changing

Hey guys,

Can anyone help me out with injecting code targeting class IDs? Every time I try to target an ID to manipulate a piece of my site, the ID changes and the code injection goes away. These are for cases in which I don't want to target the whole class.  Am I missing something? Can anything be done about this?  It annoys the _____ out of me. 

Example

#yui_3_17_2_1_1582807800188_755

{
  background-color: #e399e3 !important;
   padding: 0px 8px 0px 8px;
  color: #ffffff
}

"#yui_3_17_2_1_1582807800188_755"     < ----- This number changes with every site update.

44 minutes ago, LycheeMothCreative said:

Every time I try to target an ID to manipulate a piece of my site, the ID changes

See the guide that I published below. It should help to explain. If you need specific help after reading this, please post a working link to the site.

https://sf.digital/squarespace-solutions/in-squarespace-what-are-the-differences-between-block-and-yui-selectors

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee