Newbie question: How to resize Zion template without losing full screen hover effect?

Site URL: https://zion-demo.squarespace.com/

Hello,

I'm trying to build my first 7.1 website using the Zion (or Hawley) template. I'm particularly interested in the landing page, and how the background image changes when I hover over a category. However, if I resize the browser window this effect no longer works properly and the header begins to interfere with the effect. Basically what happens on resizing is that the header will still display the original background image and will no longer change when hovering over the links, also the links will move slightly towards the bottom of the page. This happens specifically with the "portfolio 3" option under NEW PAGE - COLLECTIONS. Any idea how I can maintain the hover effect even if I resize? This can be seen on the demo pages for the Hawley and Zion templates. I checked the 7.0 templates and the "Carson" template has a similar effect without the resizing problem. Thank you in advance for any help! 

Edited by Vicent
made question clearer
  • 1 year later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Vncent,

It´s a shame that you not have an answer. I have an equal problem with this template now. Sine months everything is working with all browser window sizes. Since today or maybe earlier, I have the same issue in any size of the browser. The same for the official ZION template demo page from squarespace...

I have created a ticket for this and I hope they will fix this asap.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-18 um 11.28.56.png

Edited by Street-Ronald
On 6/19/2021 at 12:10 AM, Street-Ronald said:

Hey Vncent,

It´s a shame that you not have an answer. I have an equal problem with this template now. Sine months everything is working with all browser window sizes. Since today or maybe earlier, I have the same issue in any size of the browser. The same for the official ZION template demo page from squarespace...

I have created a ticket for this and I hope they will fix this asap.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-06-18 um 11.28.56.png

Hi. If you share link to your site, we can give a fix temporarily with custom code. I solved 5 similar cases, however each site will needs a different fix

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, amytalluto said:

I also am having this problem w my Zion template! http://www.amytalluto.com 

I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix?

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* Fix portfolio page */
body#collection-5f06788956ee165ca87e8d48 main .page-section:first-child {
	padding-top: 0px !important;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)