Gallery Help for 7.1

Site URL: http://www.thedesignemotive.com

Hi everyone,

I am looking to slowly transfer my current website, The Design Emotive, currently built on 7.0, to 7.1.

One thing I have tried to build in are sidebar and banner "adverts", and I think my current set-up in 7.0 works well. How I have done it is I have a series of separate Galleries, to keep it simple, let's call it Banner-A, Banner-B and Sidebar-A. So when I write a post, I will create a Gallery block, and link it to the Banner-A gallery, then further down insert another Gallery block linked to Banner-B and same in the sidebar. These "adverts" are used to promote my YouTube channel, a recent blog post, Patreon, etc, and the idea is someone would click on this banner and it takes them to that particular thing.

Why I've done it this way is so when I have a new blog post to promote for example, I upload the new banner image to the Banner-A's gallery and it's updated across the entire site, no need to go back through each post and change them individually.

However with 7.1, I can't seem to figure out how I could replicate this. The familiar 'Gallery' has been replaced, and I can't seem to link to a particular gallery through a Gallery or Summary block. Maybe there is something with Blog and using Summary blocks but a lot of the time I want the "advert" to link to an external site or another page on the website, not to go to a dedicated blog post.

If you look at this page on my website, https://thedesignemotive.com/architecture-design/gallery/footscray-apartment-boardgrove-architects, you'll get an idea of how I'm using these "adverts", which was individual Galleries outside of the blog post, linked through a Gallery block. Does anyone have any ideas, workarounds, etc? The big grand idea is to eventually have these blocks available to paying advertisers, so I want to get this right.

• Replies 0
  • Views 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived