Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Question

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

See a post I wrote about this here: https://sf.digital/squarespace-solutions/squarespace-products-changing-sold-out-to-sold-or-something-else  

Thanks @paul2009 this worked perfectly

@kiwistick I sent you a direct message on Monday asking for more information.

Posted Images

11 answers to this question

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include.
I value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.
Squarespace. I've been a loyal and enthusiastic supporter of the platform since 2007. 

In the past I have cut and pasted code like that below into the "Page Header Injection Code" for individual pages, but this time it is not working. Any ideas? Am I missing something?

.ProductItem-relatedProducts .product-mark.sold-out { 
   visibility: hidden;
   font-size:0;
 }
 .ProductItem-relatedProducts .product-mark.sold-out:after {
   visibility: visible;
   content: 'Coming Soon'; 
   font-size: 18px;
 } 

The code I provided is CSS so, rather than Code Injection, it should be added to Design > Custom CSS.

Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include.
I value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.
Squarespace. I've been a loyal and enthusiastic supporter of the platform since 2007. 

Hi Paul! I just tried to use your code to change one product category from Sold Out to Coming Soon. Unfortunately it did not work. I changed all as per your description and added to the Footer, then saved. The products right now are still shown as Hidden, not sure this is the problem? But I guess not. Any other suggestions why this may be? 

On 1/19/2021 at 1:02 AM, kiwistick said:

Hi Paul! I just tried to use your code to change one product category from Sold Out to Coming Soon. Unfortunately it did not work. I changed all as per your description and added to the Footer, then saved. The products right now are still shown as Hidden, not sure this is the problem? But I guess not. Any other suggestions why this may be? 

Can you share your site url? We can check easier

On 1/18/2021 at 6:02 PM, kiwistick said:

I just tried to use your code to change one product category from Sold Out to Coming Soon.

@kiwistick I sent you a direct message on Monday asking for more information.

On 2/21/2020 at 3:36 AM, paul2009 said:

Hi @paul2009this is probably an embarrassingly obvious question, but if I want to use the code you provided here on more than one tag, do I need to duplicate the entire code and change the tag name or is there a simpler way to do it? Ie. add a comma or something after 'tag-mask' and then add an additional tag.

<script>
var oosCat = 'tag-mask'';
var oosDesc = 'Coming Soon';
var a= ...

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, emily.klein said:

If I want to use the code you provided here on more than one tag, do I need to duplicate the entire code and change the tag name or is there a simpler way to do it?

Hi @emily.klein

The code that I posted is fairly simple and has been written to accept just one tag. You can't add additional tags or duplicate the code.

Can you provide a few more details of what you want to achieve? A working link to the products on the site may also help. For example, do you products with different tags that need the same 'sold' message or do they each need different 'sold' messages per tag?

12 hours ago, paul2009 said:

Hi @emily.klein

The code that I posted is fairly simple and has been written to accept just one tag. You can't add additional tags or duplicate the code.

Can you provide a few more details of what you want to achieve? A working link to the products on the site may also help. For example, do you products with different tags that need the same 'sold' message or do they each need different 'sold' messages per tag?

Hi Paul,

Actually if I just tag all the products that I want to use this code for as "coming soon" (and not have the tags visible on the product pages) that will actually work and will be much simpler! Funny how things are always much clearer in the morning! Sorry to have bothered you. And thanks again for providing the code.

Emily