Are international date formats supported yet?

• Replies 2
  • Views 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squarespace still only accepts dates in the form mm/dd/yy. That said, if you expect a website to appeal to a global audience, there are better ways to input a date than to ask users to enter them manually.

For example, someone from Europe who is visiting New York could could easily book theatre tickets for April 3rd (04/03) instead of 4th March (04/03) if they were required to enter the date using digits. The transaction could be a total disaster!

Unless you are requesting historical dates, like a date of birth, a datepicker offers a much improved user experience (UX) for everyone.

A popular solution is our Datepicker Extension for Squarespace. You can add it to Squarespace Contact Forms and Custom Product Forms on both Squarespace 7.0 and 7.1.

lily-and-lace-datepicker-closeup.png.8b13ede22b447afc3d865be3e74552f0.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived