Importing my CSV is not working. Please Help!

Site URL: http://www.shapelyevents.com/shop

Hello, please help! again.  I am to switch my site from squarespace 7.0 to 7.1.  In that I realize that I have to start from scratch.  I'm starting with my store and i'm trying to get my inventory from one site to another using the csv sheet as recommended.  I exported it from my current live squarespace store.   I HAVE NOT EDITED IT.  LEFT IT AS IS! When i try to import it on the new platform, 7.1, i'm getting an error message and nothing is changing.  I would hat to have to manually add all these items.  I dont understand why there's an error if I havent changed anything.  Things to note:

- I am still in my trial period.  I haven't made the site live as yet being that I wanted to build it then launch it when I can swap it out with the current one.  Is this a factor? because I'm also getting a pop up telling me that certain features are only available in a commerce plan but I would think I could be able to build out my store using the imported csv before I launch it.    

I've attached photos of my process and what I'm getting.   Someone...anyone...please help. 

Screenshot (236).png

Screenshot (237).png

Screenshot (238).png

Screenshot (239).png

Screenshot (240).png

• Replies 10
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/20/2020 at 1:22 AM, ThompsonWebDesign said:

As per Squarespace’s support document:

If you're importing products to a different site, remove the values under Product IDand Variant ID, leaving the headers intact.

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000694948-Exporting-products-to-a-csv#toc-re-importing-your-products

Id love to have you walk me through this... I keep getting the error add product ID column. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/2/2020 at 9:08 PM, jagnagra said:

I'm having the exact same problem word-for-word.  I deleted all the values from the Product ID and Variant ID, but now I'm getting this error

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 12.08.24 PM.png

i managed to solve this problem that you have, go to the imported excel file, and replace all the "product page" column, with the correct one. 

for example the real url of your page is (Enlish/poducts), in the excel file it would be (Englishproducts). correct that and it will work.

about the ''Product ID column is missing'', i am facing the same problem, and i have no idea how to solve it ! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey!

I had the same issue going from 7.0 to 7.1, my csv file that i uploaded kept giving me the same error.

It took them a day or so to get back to me so I highly recommend reaching out, they will send you an updated version of your old csv to upload

Heres what support said:

"So right now you're using the latest version ( 7.1) of our Product Page which comes with some changes and improvements.
With that it requires slight changes to the CSV file and specifically the Product Page column is required. Here you will want to add your Product Page's URL slug which is 'shop'.
This will ensure that your products are correctly added to your Product Page and I've attached your CSV file with this field filled out below so you can add this to your site."

Hope this helps in some way! - Nikki

• 3 months later...

I realize I am quite late to this post, but I'd love to comment anyway as I have just had the same error and had no clue how to fix it. Hopefully this can help somebody else who happens to stumble across this old post looking for the same answers 🙂 I tried searching here on the forums and youtube even but had no luck. Squarespace has good article on this but as somebody who has never used the CSV files I was still so confused! When switching website services or moving from 7.0 to 7.1, the export CSV option generates a template for you that still requires just a little bit of tweaking-- not a ready to use file to import. That's why we get the first error of "Make sure the product ID wasn't edited". This is the system thinking you are trying to change a product that doesn't even exist in your new website, so it's asking if you are sure you haven't fudged up the product ID. 

Follow these steps to complete your CSV file!

1. Export CSV file
  2. Open the file in Excel or Google Sheets
  3. Where is says Product ID and Variant ID: delete everything under this column! These are old numbers from your old site that will be regenerated for your new site. Don't delete the actual header that says Product ID and Variant ID though. These headers need to stay there, they just have to be blank below.
  4. Where it says Product Page: remove whatever was under there before and replace it. Type the name of your new website's store page you want this item to go into. For example, if the product is meant to go into your new site's "Pants" store page and the URL is "www.yournewwebsite.com/pants", you will type "pants" in this column for that product.
  5. Where it says Product URL, remove whatever was there before and replace it. If your product is called "Cool Purple Pants", copy and paste the name and replace the spaces with dashes, or just type whatever you want this product's URL to be. For example, "cool-purple-pants". All URL's must be unique and remember, no spaces!
  6. Download as CSV.
  7. Import

And that's it! Everything should import smoothly 🙂 

Archived