Carson Templete Landing Page

Hello,

I want to convert my site to the Carson template, but I am having a bit of trouble figuring something out. In the template use instructions it states that "each sub-page in the Index creates a link on the Index landing page..." I'm referring to the overlay navigation on the main page that is separate from the nav at top

What I'd like to do is control this nav rather than having it pull from the sub pages. Here is what I am trying.

Create a feature page that drives to multiple gallery pages. If I create the feature page under the index that page name appears in the nav which is perfect. If I create a gallery page, the gallery name also appears in the nav which is not what I want. 

Nav structure would look something like.

1. Work
    • Stories (feature page) (would like on main page in overlay nav)
      • Story 1 (gallery page)
      • Story 2 (gallery page)

I hope that makes sense. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks John

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4
  • Views 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I am in the same boat, although I have just started a website with the Novo template.  Any idea if derricks suggestion worked?  If so, I guess derrick is saying that the secondary navs would be drop downs from the primary navs? Is the nav bar the only way to essentially create the "three tiered" portfolio.  Is there not an easy way to link portfolio section to other portfolio section?  Are gallery sections with links an option for this "three tiered" architecture?  The limiter on gallery sections being that they don't use captions, which is also a challenge for us.  Lots of questions here, just starting out.

Maybe an index page is not the way to go. Try a blank page which would appear in the nav bar, put gallery pages in the unlinked section of your website, and they will not appear on the nav bare. Put summary blocks on the blank page, the summaries will pull content from the galleries or blogs or both, with thumbnails and text from the galleries if you wish. Open the page with the summary blocks, click on a thumbnail, which take you to the gallery page. Each summary block can pull from a separate gallery or all depending on how you filter the summary. I do the same thing with my site, I use an index page for galleries and summary blocks for the stories on my blog. When you look at my site, just realize I could do the same thing with an image summary page as opposed to the index, which would give me a few more layout options. My Template is Avenue which is also a 7.0 template. 

my random views derrick Lee parker

Archived