Trying to customize my shop page and possibly use a frame

Site URL: http://www.shapelyevents.com/shop-1

Hello, I am trying to customize my shop page to show some things on top like deals of the week and new arrivals. I'm using the Anya template that is part of the Bedford family. I thought a secondary navigation would work but this template doesn't support that.   On top I would like deals of the week, some new arrivals in the middle, and then the rest of the stuff to the bottom however I'm having a very hard time accomplishing this.  On the bottom I would like to then add all the items from the shop page so people can view all.  For some reason I am unable to edit the shop page and I'm trying to do a work around to make my page more dynamic.  I've attached a couple of screen shots of what I would want the page to look like.  The summary block only allows me to place 30 items so that wouldnt work being that I have 1) more than 30 items and 2) I would like people to be able to shop from this page.  I tried iframe but its not working at all.  It works when I take the page out of the index but 1) the frame is on the top  2) it looks all wonky and 3) It includes the whole page and i really just want the items. 

Is there anyone out there that can help? I've spent countless hours troubleshooting this.  I'm open to all ideas that will give the user the experience I'm trying to achieve even if it's not using frames and using another method. 

And one question that I cant find the answer to is why am I not allowed to edit the shop page? Squarespace I hope you guys are working on a way to allow people to feature stuff because this is tiring, 

Screenshot (235)a.png

Screenshot (234)a.png

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could use a number of Summary Blocks on your landing page to show visitors the deals of the week and new arrivals. You could also include feature images that lead visitors to the pages that show the full ranges of products. If these are the actual Product pages, the 30-item limit for Summary Blocks shouldn't be an issue. 

5 hours ago, Iasantewaa said:

why am I not allowed to edit the shop page? Squarespace I hope you guys are working on a way to allow people to feature stuff because this is tiring.

This is a limitation of Squarespace 7.0. However, Squarespace released Squarespace 7.1 in January and in this new version you can add other content to Product pages. There isn't currently a way of migrating from one to the other so you'd need to start again if you wanted to use this version.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

3 hours ago, paul2009 said:

This is a limitation of Squarespace 7.0. However, Squarespace released Squarespace 7.1 in January and in this new version you can add other content to Product pages. There isn't currently a way of migrating from one to the other so you'd need to start again if you wanted to use this version.

Ok so does this mean I will have to manually add every shop item and blog item? Photos etc? some of the photos I do not still currently have so I'm curious.  is there anyway to maybe export? I'm thinking this would take me a couple of weeks considering all the content I have on the site.  I tried changing the template to BAILARD but I guess because Bailard is 7.1 it will not let me. 

24 minutes ago, Iasantewaa said:

Ok so does this mean I will have to manually add every shop item and blog item? Photos etc?

Migrating to 7.1 is probably not something you want to do right now. You can export your products to a .csv, then import them to your 7.1 site but it’s not possible to import other content, like blocks or pages yet. I only mentioned this because you asked if Squarespace could make product pages more flexible and so I wanted to explain that this is a feature of the newer version. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 2/17/2020 at 8:32 AM, paul2009 said:

. You can export your products to a .csv, then import them to your 7.1 site but it’s not possible to import other content, like blocks or pages yet.

I tried doing this and it's not working.  I posed the question to the forum but I can put here as well I guess.  For some reason I keep getting an error.  I don't know why.  I exported it from my 7.0 site....haven't edited the csv file at all so I don't understand why I'm getting an error when trying to import it.  Is it because I'm still in my trial period? I'm hoping that's not the case because I would like to have the site fully in order before I made it live. I'm attaching files to this post. 

Screenshot (236).png

Screenshot (237).png

Screenshot (238).png

Screenshot (239).png

Screenshot (240).png

Archived