Removing the /S/ from a file upload URL???

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Site URL: https://www.voragotech.com

Hi all, 

I've run up against a frustrating problem that cannot be solved by Squarespace Support or a 301 redirect.

I have an automatically generated file for a product installation that requires I have DOMAINNAME.COM/FILENAME.EXTENSION

As you may know, when you upload a file directly to a Squarespace server it does 2 things: 

1. it adds a "/s/" before your file name, to I guess reach the subdirectory where the file is located

2. the Custom URL Mappings tool does NOT allow you to do a redirect to a file, meaning my installation files are failing because of the added "/s/" that I can't remove. 

Does anyone know if it's possible to bypass this within custom code? 

Thanks so much, 

Jen

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

This isn't something you can workaround on Squarespace with code or anything else.

The file can only be stored on a hosting platform that supports the '.EXTENSION' and that can be mapped from your domain name.

Improve your online store with our extensions.
About: Squarespace Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, appreciation and great design ♥.
Work: Squarespace Developer and founder of SF Digital, building the features Squarespace didn't include™.
Content: Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Buy me a coffee