Changing Checkout Form Page to Dutch

Site URL: https://www.saintmichel.nl/webshop

Hey,

I see that this question is asked before but I didn't see any solution yet. How do I customise the checkout form inserts to Dutch? I know that the solution won't be easy but can somebody explain how I can change it in developer mode or anything? I am not shy to go into developer mode although I am not an expert. I do really want my checkout form to be in Dutch - it's not legally to sell anything otherwise and I would have to leave Squarespace.

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: Dutch (and Swedish) are now supported on Squarespace 7.1. If you want a site in one of these languages, you can now do this on any of the newer templates. These are in addition to the existing languages of English, French,  German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish - but only one per site.

If you want a multi-language site, there is only one reliable way to do this currently, and that's to use DNS to redirect users through a translation server called Weglot. It's a third-party service that you pay for to translate your site in real time. You can get a free trial to try it on your website.

Why aren't there code solutions? You cannot add code to a Squarespace site to make changes to the checkout page, regardless of whether you inject a script or use Developer Mode, because they lock this page to prevent tampering with online payments. 

Here's an example of a Squarespace checkout on an English site, being translated by Weglot:

weglot-translated-uk-site-squarespace-checkout.thumb.png.3d3571d93764589f414caf2eb5d62143.png

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Weglot is a really great tool, but i have problems with the checkout page. My site language is German and when i am integrating English, my checkout page stays in German unfortunately. 

@paul2009do you have any tip how to manage a complete translation. The weglot support team could not help me. Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

@paul2009 are there any plans to make the checkout page multilingual internally to squarespace? If I was to pay for an extra service i prefer to do that at the same company to avoid possible technical clashes....

On 1/5/2021 at 2:22 PM, cclandestina said:

Are there any plans to make the checkout page multilingual internally to squarespace?

No. Squarespace supports several languages (English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish), but only one language per site.

Their solution for multilingual websites is to recommend Weglot.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived