Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
aallatt

Image having a color overlay where it should be white

Site URL: https://kamu.squarespace.com/

There seems to be a greyish/blue overlay. You can see it at the top of the image. No matter where I go, I cannot remove it. It looks to be the background showing through. I am newer to squarespace, but have been a hand coder for years. 

I have attempted to 

1. Save as a .jpg (made sure it was pure white before exporting it in photoshop)
  2. Save as a .png (made sure that I turned off the transparency)

The template I am using is Colima. This has happened before on another theme and is extremely annoying. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-09 at 5.59.09 PM.png

Hi, can you share the password or remove the password so people can take a look to help please? 🙂

Hi 👋 I'm a Squarespace Expert Member, Circle Member & only Squarespace Authorised Trainer in Scotland. 

Hit the little 👍 if I've helped. Need help? Get in touch.

Any resolution? I have the exact same issue and have been working on it for days! I have a simple infographic with a white background, but it always shows up with a pink overlay. 

On 2/16/2020 at 11:57 AM, brjodaro said:

Any resolution? I have the exact same issue and have been working on it for days! I have a simple infographic with a white background, but it always shows up with a pink overlay. 

Can you share link to your site?

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. I provide free priority support in this crazy time. 

How to Setup Password & Share URL - Free Templates - Free Code - CSS ID List

I'm having the same issue and I'm using version 7.1.  All of the images have a blue overlay and I believe I've checked all settings. 

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 2.54.55 PM.png

7 hours ago, JessScarcella said:

I'm having the same issue and I'm using version 7.1.  All of the images have a blue overlay and I believe I've checked all settings. 

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Can you share link to page in screenshot?

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. I provide free priority support in this crazy time. 

How to Setup Password & Share URL - Free Templates - Free Code - CSS ID List

Ok, I have found more on this.  Before you load an image it shows the blue box (below) as placeholder.  When you load an image, this seems to stay as on overlay.

But it depends on the image design:

Inline = it works ok

Poster, card, overlap, collage, stack = blue

By going into inspect, it goes away when toggling this off:

<div class="image-overlay" id="yui_3_17_2_1_1590120390667_457"></div>

Please fix!

Screen Recording 2020-05-22 at 2.03.15 pm.mov

Edited by MalSanders
adding the code snippet