Sort orders by Shipping Option

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You cannot do this within the Squarespace interface, but you can export your orders to a spreadsheet and sort them there. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm looking for an option to customize the sales report, too - I'm having exactly the same problem where a client needs to sort "free delivery" from "couriered" items. 

The spreadsheet isn't perfect for sorting this as it only specifies the shipping option per customer, not per each product, so if you data sort by shipping option you lose the information you need.

On 3/28/2020 at 7:25 PM, AJH said:

if you data sort by shipping option you lose the information you need.

There's nothing built-in that offers what you need, but Squarespace have a very powerful Orders API that provides access to detailed order data including shipment information. This may be more useful, although I haven't specifically tried to sort orders by delivery method.

With a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tool like Parabola or Make (formally Integromat) you may be able to pull the order data from the API, then flatten, filter and/or sort it to meet your requirements. In addition to running an export on demand, these tools allow you to schedule it to run regularly.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! I'm JP and I work at Parabola. We have many customers using Parabola to import and transform Squarespace Order Data, just as @paul2009 described.

This Recipe (template) should help you get started with connecting to the Squarespace API: https://parabola.io/recipes/squarespace-orders-analysis

Should you have any questions, our Support Team is ready to help in our Community as well: https://community.parabola.io/

• 1 month later...

Hi JP, I did try Parabola for a short while - there's a good template for Shopify but not for Squarespace. It took me so many steps to try and extract what I wanted in the way I wanted it that we eventuallly gave up. It's a great tool, a little clunky for what I needed, though.

• 3 months later...
31 minutes ago, Roxyjee said:

How do I export to a sheet and have it automated?

I guess it depends on what aspect you want to automate.

If you're asking about how to connect to the API and export the data, you may want to check out Parabola's recipe as this template provides the basis for getting started.

RPA tools are extremely customisable so once you've successfully exported the data, there's almost no limit to what you can do, once you are familiar with the tool.

Archived