Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

On 1/17/2021 at 1:00 AM, creedon said:

Add the following to Design > Custom CSS.

#collection-5fa4d161decac3732b0e8846 #st-2 {

display: none;

}

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you. Tried 2x and the CSS worked perfectly on the 2nd try! 🙂

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really wish Squarespace would hurry up and roll out this feature. The ShareThis buttons are ugly and criminally outdated. They looked cool in 2009, not so much now.

I can't believe you need to use code to create share buttons and also the fact that it's not included in the basic package. Is there a way to submit a request to squarespace for them to change this??

Wow! Come on Squarespace! I've been a big supporter, but it REALLY sucks to commit to the 7.1 platform and then find out that some of these basics are not supported. Please don't be such a growing dis

Posted Images

I made the same experience. On trying to find a solution, the Help just tells me, not anymore in 7.1 and if, please go here to this post in the forum. Now I have to struggle with CSS code and try to incorporate code freely available on the web. But what works sometimes more and sometimes less well. Above all, I then never know where I have to insert what. And often it looks like a mess. That I now have to start coding to build my website was not my expectation when I joined Squarespace. 
Sure with CSS and HTML you can build in a lot. But there should simply be more building blocks that are offered to the user. 
Also not really understandable is what is partly built in after all. Pinterest works for me, for example. But also only on one page. And as already described in other post here before, there is in various places the possibility to set checkmarks, which are all meaningless, because these run into the void.

Edited by Horizonte
  • 2 weeks later...

T_IME,
I went to your blog and saw that you were able to get small mono-chromatic social icons onto your site. I see that you were inserting the Sharethis icons on the page which I noticed, but what I'm interested in are the small icons along the bottom. I read this thread but don't see how it's done. Is it part of Sharethis? Could you explain it, beginner-style?

On 2/6/2021 at 1:45 AM, TooManySusans said:

T_IME,
I went to your blog and saw that you were able to get small mono-chromatic social icons onto your site. I see that you were inserting the Sharethis icons on the page which I noticed, but what I'm interested in are the small icons along the bottom. I read this thread but don't see how it's done. Is it part of Sharethis? Could you explain it, beginner-style?

Edit update: my advice only applies to SS 7.0 😬

@TooManySusans - the small icons are already included in your Squarespace design options. ShareThis is a free plug-in not related to Squarespace. I suggest you play around with these:

Design > Site Styles > [type "Share Buttons" in Search Bar] 

SS also provides support here, as the specifics might depend on your template, version (7.0 v 7.1) or site style. Give it a read through. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 12.42.54 PM.png

Also, you can checkmark the social icons you wish to include in your SS share buttons:

Marketing > Share Buttons 

Edited by T_ME
this reply doesn't apply to SS 7.1 social sharing
On 2/7/2021 at 12:46 PM, T_ME said:

TooManySusans - the small icons are already included in your Squarespace design options. ShareThis is a free plug-in not related to Squarespace. I suggest you play around with these:

Design > Site Styles > [type "Share Buttons" in Search Bar] 

SS also has more on this here, as the specifics might depend on your template or site style. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 12.42.54 PM.png

Also, you can checkmark the social icons you wish to include in your SS share buttons:

Marketing > Share Buttons 

This doesn't apply to Squarespace 7.1, which is what this discussion is about. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm honestly so dumbfounded that this is not in there.

Squarespace needs to get much better at communicating what is and isn't available as features on their platform.

It's also whack because 7.1 is receiving all the new cool features and development, but doesn't have the basics covered.

Kinda ridiculous.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't understand why it's not working for me! 🙈I've used the share this codes, put the header in the bit outlined, but the other code in the code injection - i've also tried adding a bit of code to the page but it isn't working.
Can anyway take a look for me please? So far have been trying to add here https://www.sleepyangelsconsultancy.com/baby-sleep-coach-blog/how-to-get-baby-to-sleep-when-travelling but will need to add to every blog.

On 5/9/2021 at 5:51 AM, Sleepy_Angels said:

I don't understand why it's not working for me! 🙈I've used the share this codes, put the header in the bit outlined, but the other code in the code injection - i've also tried adding a bit of code to the page but it isn't working.
Can anyway take a look for me please? So far have been trying to add here https://www.sleepyangelsconsultancy.com/baby-sleep-coach-blog/how-to-get-baby-to-sleep-when-travelling but will need to add to every blog.

You should get the sharethis snippet and place it in code block, you can place it on top of the blog content

Greeting, it's BaNgan from BeyondSpace, I am Squarespace dev focus on provide solutions to enhance feature that squarespace.com can't provide.
Feel free to check my current Squarespace Plugins Developement: Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox, Delivery Date Picker, Portfolio hover Replace Link Style
If you find my answer fit your need, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

We need share buttons for our blog to help get the word out as we're a small nonprofit organization and I'm bummed that I had to use a 3rd party service for something so basic and included with every other platform. If anyone from Squarespace reads this, please submit a feature request that enables social sharing of blog posts - thanks.

Posted (edited)

@Susana_SQSPInteresting choice of words: "feature requests". I think it's apparent that what many of us are expressing here is incredulity and disappointment that 7.1 lacks a component that even the most backwards of web platforms possess. What good would putting in a feature request be if the powers-that-be don't realize that their platform is lacking a crucial component? Could you imagine begging an automobile manufacturer to include something so standard as windshield wipers on their vehicles?  

The response from Squarespace on this matter has been shocking, to say the very least.

"Beg us, and we may consider your request."

Really? 😒

Edited by PDChappelle
On 5/31/2021 at 7:25 AM, Susana_SQSP said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the valuable input! For any feedback that you would like to be logged, contacting our Customer Support team would be the best approach. As per section 6 of the forum guidelines we don't track feature requests in this forum. 

Hi Susana - thank you for replying here. I contacted support via chat today and asked if they would kindly pass this on to development. I currently have to use an outside source to add share buttons and it would be great if this could be done within Squarespace.