Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Setting timezones for individual events

Site URL: http://queerladymagician.com

I'm making event pages for a tour I'm going on soon. As it takes place in a different country to where I currently live, the timezones would be very different. Yet from the SquareSpace guides it looks like the timezone for events is set to my local timezone - which is going to be a problem for people who want to save the event to their own calendar!

Is there a way to set the timezone for each event based on the location of the event itself?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Site URL: http://queerladymagician.com I'm making event pages for a tour I'm going on soon. As it takes place in a different country to where I currently live, the timezones would be very different

SAME! We need help with this. Did anybody figure it out?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering the same thing. The SquareSpace docs indicate that it's stuck on the local time of the publisher and doesn't automatically convert for a page visitor from a different time zone. "Start and end time. These are based on the time zone set in Language and Region Settings, and won't change based on a visitor's time zone."

If we're lucky, I'll assume that visitors can download a calendar invitation that may convert to local time. But for a general visitor, many events may look like they take place at a crazy time (for example, 3 a.m. Atlanta instead of 9 a.m. Paris). 

I'm surprised that we can't either customize the time as we publish or the site can't ask for location services to automatically convert to visitors' local timezones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm in the same boat, as my organization's events are now almost entirely virtual. I chatted with customer support about this today with no new insights.

Currently, as a workaround, I think I'm going to switch to setting up my events as blog posts. I'll set the event date as the publish date but still publish the "blog post" well in advance of the event. (For instance, I can publish an event's "blog post" today with the supposed publication date of Sept. 20, so Sept. 20 will appear as the date below the event/"blog post" title. Then I'll just manually create Google Calendar links and add those, and type in the time, timezone, and the fact that it's virtual near the top of the "blog post." It's not a great solution, but it's the best workaround I've come up with. Since blogs, like events, are collections, this will still allow me to have "blog post" events feed into summary blocks elsewhere on my site. 

Actually, my workaround will be problematic, as summary blocks display events in chronological order (with next upcoming event at the top) and blog posts in reverse chronological order (with most recently published at the top). Sad day!

• 4 weeks later...

I need time zone support, too. I live in the USA but my website is about Italy and all of my online events need to be able to display time for the viewer, not for me the creator.