Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Grosu

Hyperlink underline gap is too big

Site URL: https://localdesigncircle.com/articles/posterjam-offbeat-typethursday-january

Hello,

I just recently published my website and connected it to a third-party managed domain. 
The problem I have is that the gap between the hyperlink text and the underline is too big, all of a sudden.

Before connecting my domain it was all good, but now it's a big gap, that gets over the text beneath.

I tried unlinking and linking it again with no success. Even for new added links the story is the same.
I also tried to see if it's a problem with the text line spacing, but it's not. Changing it does not affect the gap.

The problem even persists on mobile.

Attached, you can find a screenshot with the problem.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2020-02-06 at 19.58.18.png

Edited by Grosu

10 hours ago, ralaningalls said:

The link underline on my site is also exhibiting this large gap between the text and underline. My site is https://www.theattnco.com/home

Add to Page Settings > Advanced > Header

<style>
main#page a {
    background-image: none;
    position: relative;
    width: auto;
    display: inline-block;
}
  main#page a:after {
    content: "";
    background: black;
    display: block;
    position: absolute;
    bottom: 20%;
    z-index: 999;
    width: 100%;
    height: 1px;
    left: 0;
    right: 0;
}
</style>

adjust gap with bottom: 20%;

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer.

How to Setup Password & Share URL  Squarespace Customer Care

I am having this same issue as well.  It is almost like something is wrong in the Squarespace global style sheet.  The gaps look ridiculous.  We shouldn't have to use custom CSS to have the URL underline actually under the text. It looks more like a table line than an actual text underline.  Any idea how to reduce the gap without actually turning it into a table?  I know others have had this issue.

527405971_ScreenShot2020-07-08at8_42_14AM.png.2aa00ff18e316abed6cfc7c9ff4d34e6.png

On 7/8/2020 at 7:45 PM, betsymintontech said:

I am having this same issue as well.  It is almost like something is wrong in the Squarespace global style sheet.  The gaps look ridiculous.  We shouldn't have to use custom CSS to have the URL underline actually under the text. It looks more like a table line than an actual text underline.  Any idea how to reduce the gap without actually turning it into a table?  I know others have had this issue.

527405971_ScreenShot2020-07-08at8_42_14AM.png.2aa00ff18e316abed6cfc7c9ff4d34e6.png

Can you share link to your site? We can check easier.

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer.

How to Setup Password & Share URL  Squarespace Customer Care