Search engines not picking up site

Site URL: https://www.sallyscakecreations.com/

I have created my site https://www.sallyscakecreations.com/ but search engines are not indexing it. I (think) I have added keywords in all the SEO places, but searching doesn't find the site. SEO Analytics show Google search words as "data unavailable." It is now over a week since I added SEO information. Can someone please assist?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Search engines are picking up the site, but there appears to be very little content (10 pages?) for them to index, and no SEO optimisation of the site.

cakes.png.defa52392fcc876edc08c028305d1d99.png

If you haven't already done so, you may want to read and follow these helpful Squarespace guides:

SEO checklist

Increasing your site’s visibility to search engines

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

10 hours ago, Sallyscakecreations said:

When you say " no SEO optimisation" what do you mean?

I'm sorry if it sounds critical. I just mean that the site does not contain enough of the 'right' words in the right places to enable search engines to index it effectively as a cake baking service. I can see that SEO descriptions have been added to the pages, but the same words don't actually appear on the pages themselves. For example, no mention of "bakery", "gluten-free", "Birthday cake", "Christening", "personalised cakes" or "celebration" that I could find, and just one mention of "wedding cake" as a phrase. 

Also, the image descriptions have not been set. These enable search engines to understand what the images show and they are essential for people with visual disabilities. As an example, the About page contains a really lovely engaging photo, but the caption is "13.jpg". On the Wedding Cake page, the images have descriptions like "00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200119134757788_COVER.jpg". These are simple things that can easily be changed.

I genuinely hope this helps.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived