• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
BelBarStudio

Insert Dropdown Accordion in Product Description

Question

6 answers to this question

In case someone is interested, I have found a solution. 

In the product Additional Info tab, create your markdown. Then add the following script in the advanced setting code injection:

<script>
var myBlock = $("#id-of-markdown").detach();
myBlock.appendTo(".ProductItem-details-excerpt");
</script>

Posted (edited)

@BelBarStudio this is the exact thing i'm looking for! but it's saying there's a syntax error on the line including the opening "<script>". could you double check that for me? is it enclosed in another div or something?

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 7.47.25 PM.png

Edited by fucci

Hi,

here are more detail of how I'm using it. @fucci ids starting with #yui... are dynamic and always change so you cannot use them as a reference. You need to use ids starting with #block.

for a start I have used the code from silvabokis using markdown for the accordion feature. I only use markdowns for accordion and I use a brine template.

You create the accordion in the Additional Info of your product. 

The code below insert the accordion after the product description, you can add the script in the footer in the code injection section. 

<script>
$(document).ready(function (){

var myBlock = $(".sqs-block-markdown").detach();

})
</script>

Laurent

On 6/23/2020 at 11:08 AM, BelBarStudio said:

Hi,

here are more detail of how I'm using it. @fucci ids starting with #yui... are dynamic and always change so you cannot use them as a reference. You need to use ids starting with #block.

for a start I have used the code from silvabokis using markdown for the accordion feature. I only use markdowns for accordion and I use a brine template.

You create the accordion in the Additional Info of your product. 

The code below insert the accordion after the product description, you can add the script in the footer in the code injection section. 

<script>
$(document).ready(function (){

var myBlock = $(".sqs-block-markdown").detach();

})
</script>

Laurent

Hi @BelBarStudio. I'm trying to follow your instructions but when I go to SilvaBokis' site I don't see any mention of the accordion feature. Do you happen to have the markdown that I need to paste in my "additional information" portion of my product page? Thank you.