Multilanguage possibilities in 7.1.

Go to solution Solved by Parker_SQSP,

On 4/22/2020 at 5:12 PM, CW2 said:

That's great!

Do you think you can help me out somehow? 
thanks in advance 🙂 

Add to Page Settings > Advanced > Header

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
  	// change link
	$(".header-actions-action--cta a").attr('href','https://beaverhero.com');
  	// change button text
  	$(".header-actions-action--cta a").html(function() { 
          return $(this).html().replace("JETZT EINE BESICHTIGUNG ANFRAGEN", "Enter new text");  
    });
});
</script>

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2020 at 2:58 PM, tuanphan said:

Good job!
Note that tuanphan's option is the only one working with the personal billing plan.

• Brad's option requires javascript, which you can only be inserted with a Business plan.
  • tuanphan's option can be adapted so it only require css. Just add a Quote Block somewhere in the page, instead of in the Header.
Edited by JoanMM
Grammar
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

I am using Brad's solution and it doesn't seem to work : nothing changes when I reload my website. I am using the Clarkson template on Squarespace 7.1 (business plan) and I copy paste your code in the footer section (changing the language mentions for French and English) Any idea why it doesn't work?

I was so excited about this solution 😢  Thanks in advance for your precious help !

Edited by Clemence1996
On 12/28/2020 at 7:51 PM, Clemence1996 said:

Hi,

I am using Brad's solution and it doesn't seem to work : nothing changes when I reload my website. I am using the Clarkson template on Squarespace 7.1 (business plan) and I copy paste your code in the footer section (changing the language mentions for French and English) Any idea why it doesn't work?

I was so excited about this solution 😢  Thanks in advance for your precious help !

Hi. Can you share your site url? We can help easier.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Hello, I'm new here and just recently created my SquareSpace website.

I pretty much understood the method to create a double language website, the only thing is I just can't duplicate my store... The option to duplicate is simply not available as opposed to every other page (about, portfolio, contact, ...)

My main purpose with this website is to sell prints so I really need 2 versions (french and english) of my store :/

Anyone can help ?

Thank you in advance !

Flavien

33 minutes ago, flavienabbate said:

I just can't duplicate my store... The option to duplicate is simply not available as opposed to every other page

Multi-language "brochure" sites are straightforward on Squarespace, but it's more complicated when it comes to Commerce as you cannot translate some functions such as the cart and checkout, and if you add the products in more than one language, your inventory will be duplicated too.

To show your store in more than one language, you'll need some paid third party services. Here are two alternative suggestions:

Weglot

Weglot is a multilingual solution that can translate your Squarespace website automatically. By connecting it to your store using DNS, it will translate all website content, including the cart and checkout. You'll need to pay for this third party service on an ongoing basis but once configured, it is simple to maintain. Your products will be available in any number of languages, depending on the plan you sign up for. Weglot is a subscription service.

The costs are based on the number of words that are translated, so it's a good idea to check the number of words on your site first, so that you know what the ongoing costs will be. They offer a word count tool to do this. If you multiply the number of words on your site by the number of languages you want to translate into, you can then check the prices to see which plan you need.

Multiple Squarespace Plans and Trunk Inventory

Although Weglot is easier, you could choose to duplicate your site and create versions in each language. For example, to show your store in two languages, you could have two Squarespace plans, each in a different language. Squarespace supports several languages, but only one language per site.

If you have two Squarespace plans showing the same products in different languages, you will need to synchronise the stock levels between them so that you cannot sell the same item twice. Trunk Inventory have a Squarespace Extension that can do this for you. Trunk is also a subscription service.

I hope this helps.

If this helps you, please click "Like" below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I would like to be able to translate my website in two languages. I have read the answers from this post but they all require coding which I don't want to do. 

I watched a video that squarespace posted (https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205809778-Creating-a-multilingual-site-in-Squarespace ) it seemed to be easy to do it but it is for the 7.0 and not the 7.1 . Can someone help me please 🙂 

Thank you ! 

Salomé

• 1 year later...
  • Solution

Hi all! 

I'm Parker and I work on the Customer Operations team at Squarespace. I came across this thread, and I wanted to add on the quick update that we now offer an integration with Weglot so it can be added to your site without customer code. 

Here's some more on that: 

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205809778-Creating-a-multilingual-site-in-Squarespace