• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
post1

Multilanguage possibilities in 7.1.

Question

Hello people, 

Do you have examples or tips on how to create a multilingual website in Squarespace 7.1?

Thanks a lot!

Marinske.

21 answers to this question

Hi Tuan,

Do you know if it's possible to combine this multilanguage solution with a contact button in the menu?

Thanks in advance

Marinske

7 hours ago, post1 said:

Hi Tuan,

Do you know if it's possible to combine this multilanguage solution with a contact button in the menu?

Thanks in advance

Marinske

What do you mean?

and which solution do you use? bradgood or beaverhero? 😂

COVID-19Free priority support for all users (29/03 - 30/04). You can tag me (@tuanphan) or send to my email.

With paid support, see here

Sorry, that question was unclear.

I will use your beaverhero 3 languages.

I am wondering if it's possible in 7.1. to combine your 3 languages method, with a contact button in the menu, like for example in this screenshot. 

Is this more clear?

button.jpeg

Edited by post1

3 hours ago, post1 said:

Sorry, that question was unclear.

I will use your beaverhero 3 languages.

I am wondering if it's possible in 7.1. to combine your 3 languages method, with a contact button in the menu, like for example in this screenshot. 

Is this more clear?

You want to language switches to button?

or contact button in 3 languages?

both are possible.

The idea here is that you create 3 Contact Items in 3 languages, then use CSS to turn 3 items into 3 buttons.

If you share link to your site, I can take a look (I don't remember code, need to check 😂)

COVID-19Free priority support for all users (29/03 - 30/04). You can tag me (@tuanphan) or send to my email.

Great, I will definately go for your 3 language beaver-method for a bigger website.

I have another question: I tried this quick method in a 7.1 template, a smaller website. In the screenshot below you find the result.

My question: Do you know how to move the hamburger menu icon to the right,  on mobile?
(The video instructions: choose a specific 7.1. header layout option (the last one),  combined with some code to place the logo to the middle). 

Here's the link: https://coconut-lime-t224.squarespace.com/ - the password is SS

Thanks a lot!!

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by post1

10 minutes ago, post1 said:

Great, I will definately go for your 3 language beaver-method for a bigger website.

I have another question: I tried this quick method in a 7.1 template, a smaller website. In the screenshot below you find the result.

My question: Do you know how to move the hamburger menu icon to the right,  on mobile?
(The video instructions: choose a specific 7.1. header layout option (the last one),  combined with some code to place the logo to the middle). 

Here's the link: https://coconut-lime-t224.squarespace.com/ - the password is SS

Thanks a lot!

remove flex-basis: 100% in this code in Custom CSS

.header-layout-branding-center-nav-center .header-title-nav-wrapper {
    flex-basis: 100% !important;
    align: center !important;
    height: 4vw;
    margin-top: -2vw;
    padding-bottom: 1vw;
}

Hello, I'm back again...

I added a contactbutton, but I don't know how to make the Site Title stay in the middle with navigation on both sides.

Do you know how to do this?

Thanks again in advance,

Marinske.

Screenshot_11.png

I chose the second heading setting. the result seems okay at first, but....
Screenshot_13.png.5669145370824e7c7dc0549a6e722e51.png

This result looks allright, but if the screen is smaller the next picture is the result. I think this code is not working, what do you think?

Screenshot_12.png

Screenshot_15.thumb.png.e4dd35b90aa08e20bdaf88fb9982517b.png

And this is the result if I choose the last heading setting, the one with the logo in the middle

Screenshot_10.png

Edited by post1

On 2/26/2020 at 12:05 PM, tuanphan said:

Can you share link to this site?

Hi Tuanphan, Here's the link: https://coconut-lime-t224.squarespace.com/ - the password is SS

I'm looking for this result: My client wants the logo in the middle and some menutitems left and right from that. Combined with the contactbutton on the right.

Thanks in advance

Edited by post1
spelling mistake & forgot something

1 hour ago, post1 said:

Hi Tuanphan, Here's the link: https://coconut-lime-t224.squarespace.com/ - the password is SS

I'm looking for this result: My client wants the logo in the middle and some menutitems left and right from that. Combined with the contactbutton on the right.

Thanks in advance

Keep the second settings

& I can try checking.

50 minutes ago, tuanphan said:

Keep the second settings

& I can try checking.

Thank you!

I put it back on the second site header layout setting, asuming this is what you mean. 

The code used is this: 

@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
 .sqsrte-large {
    font-size: 1.5rem;
}
}

@media screen and (max-width:640px) {
/* Leer text */
div#block-eae62f8c0cba7c3d6fd1 h1 {
    font-size: 22px;
}
/* workshops */
div#block-85005aac96fea17a5298 p {
    font-size: 47px;
}
}
.header-layout-branding-center-nav-center.header-title-nav-wrapper { align:center!important; height:4vw; margin-top:-2vw; padding-bottom:1vw} 

.header-title {margin-bottom:-8.5%!important; margin-top:0.75vw} 

.header-nav-item:nth-child(3){margin-left: 35vw!important}

Edited by post1
forgot something

20 hours ago, post1 said:

Thank you!

I put it back on the second site header layout setting, asuming this is what you mean. 

The code used is this: 

@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
 .sqsrte-large {
    font-size: 1.5rem;
}

.header-nav-item:nth-child(3){margin-left: 35vw!important}

I will check soon

Internet provider here has some problems since yesterday. Just purchased VPN to access forum 😞

1 hour ago, tuanphan said:

I will check soon

Internet provider here has some problems since yesterday. Just purchased VPN to access forum 😞

Thanks for letting me know

2 hours ago, post1 said:

Thanks for letting me know

I see this code has margin-left...You can remove

image.thumb.png.c64352c94eb7f3a66dcc203c38bc8e79.png